Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Bad/average movies that you really love

Author Topic: Bad/average movies that you really love
Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 02-28-2011 05:00 PM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a particular movie out there that is crap, below average or average that you just really love and can't get enough of?

Movies that you might like but makes no sense for other people.

For me, it is the movie Revenge with Kevin Costner. Now, I know Revenge is no **** movie, its not even a *** movie. I have seen it so many times, maybe a 100 times, watching it right now with no surround sound while sitting in my office. I have the regular cut dvd, the directors cut. I just love it!

-
 -

Madeline Stowe
The sex scenes
The Cinematography with all the smoke filled scenes
The Mexican backdrop
The violence.
The score.
the support cast of James Gammon, Miguel Ferrer and Anthony Quinn

and the ending just worked

It just really worked for me. I saw it in Cinema #2 at the Stone Road Mall in Guelph and it was rated R. I am on the hunt for the movie on laserdisc. I would like to see a 70MM ad if there is one.

I have liseted to the directors commentary, the score, the special features...Revenge might just be my favorite movie.

|  IP: Logged

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 02-28-2011 06:34 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SATURDAY THE 14TH is a guilty pleasure of mine. I watched it over and over again as a kid. I recently watched it again for the first time in several years and strangely it held up exactly as I remembered it.

It doesn't exist on DVD as far as I know, but I have a decent VHS of it.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-28-2011 07:36 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Transformers: The Movie - Not the recent Michael Bay suck-fests.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 02-28-2011 07:49 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me, it's

SHOWGIRLS
CONGO
DEEPSTAR SIX

...to name just a few

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 02-28-2011 08:26 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Movies that most of my friends hate but I love....

XANADU
ABBA -- I couldn't get ANYONE to come down to watch it with me. And some of them were even drunk.
LAST ACTION HERO
CAMELOT
ENEMY MINE
KING KONG (Dino D.)

To name a few.

Bernie Anderson Jr
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2011 09:24 PM      Profile for Bernie Anderson Jr   Author's Homepage   Email Bernie Anderson Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gong Show Movie
Norbit (so bad its good)
Office Space (I remember it opened in the smallest theatre and lasted a week)

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 02-28-2011 09:38 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank, I also like the DeLaurentiis version of KING KONG -- Jessica Lange is great in that.

And OFFICE SPACE is great -- It lasted something like 3 days at the theatre where I was working when it came out.

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 02-28-2011 11:47 PM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Manny Knowles
CONGO
Congo was a good one

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-01-2011 11:39 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This topic has been done here.
and here.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: