Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » "The Incredibles" on Blu-ray April 12 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: "The Incredibles" on Blu-ray April 12
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 01-08-2011 07:44 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Knowing this is one of the most wanted Blu-ray titles by many here, I figured it was worthy of a heads-up.

Pre order page up at Amazon.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-09-2011 12:04 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so there.

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 01-09-2011 12:52 AM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Sam Graham
most wanted Blu-ray titles by many
Why? I never followed or saw this movie

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-09-2011 01:39 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did Sam say "everyone?" No. He said "many here." I fit in that group of many F-T members who want The Incredibles on Blu-ray. Definitely will buy it.

Of course if someone else doesn't like The Incredibles he can feel free to not buy or even see the movie at all. But that opinion has zero chance of getting in the way of me buying it.
[Razz]

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2011 02:25 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank goodness it will be in 2D.

AJG

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 01-09-2011 02:37 AM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why? I never followed or saw this movie

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-09-2011 07:43 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice! Another excellent Pixar effort to add to the collection. It should look great.

$45.99 seems expensive though. I wonder why it's so much?

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-09-2011 07:45 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's in the title John...because it is "Incredible!" [Wink]

-Steve

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-09-2011 07:47 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Incredibly Expensive.

I agree it's a great flick though. [thumbsup]

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2011 08:01 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I not only am excited to see it, but to HEAR it. I remember seeing it in the cinema, and it sounded pretty good but when I got the DVD, the track on there was PHENOMENAL! Perhaps the cinema I saw it in was poorly aligned.

AJG

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 01-09-2011 09:06 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This pleases Incrediboy.

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2011 09:21 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as with all Pixar's blurays the ad's completely ignore that the soundtracks are derived from the Dolby Digital EX 6.1 mixes and with the extra matrixed rear channel of sound really heightens the soundtrack - I soooo can't wait to own this. Disney Movie Reward folk will undoubtably see a $10 off coupon materalize just before the release of the bluray to further bring down the price.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-10-2011 01:50 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: John Wilson
$45.99 seems expensive though. I wonder why it's so much
That's the MSRP listing, not what stores will actually be charging for it. Other Pixar titles have had similar MSRP levels. More than likely stores like Wal-Mart will be selling it for near $30. I figure Amazon.com will have the Blu-ray set priced somewhere between $19 and $25. Right now the pre-order price is $31, but that will probably drop.

quote: Jonathan Goeldner
as with all Pixar's blurays the ad's completely ignore that the soundtracks are derived from the Dolby Digital EX 6.1 mixes
The original master recordings are uncompressed. They're not already cooked in a lossy compressed format like Dolby EX 5.1 or DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete for that matter.

I expect the new Blu-ray will have a DTS-HD Master Audio track since just about everything Disney is releasing on Blu-ray has DTS-HD audio. As to whether it's 6.1 or 7.1, I don't know.

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-11-2011 08:33 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it better BE 6.1 since the DVD is.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-11-2011 09:16 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's no guarantee. I have all the Pixar movies on DVD from Toy Story up to Ratatouille.

Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Cars had Dolby Digital EX 5.1 audio tracks on their original DVD releases. Ratatouille did not, the DVD just had regular DD 5.1. At least the packaging was labeled that way. I think Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2 were re-released on DVD with DTS-ES 5.1 or 6.1 mixes, but I don't remember for sure. For DVD I have the "Ultimate Toy Box" edition containing the 1st and 2nd movies.

On Blu-ray, Cars and Ratatouille have LPCM 5.1 audio tracks. Disney could have used discrete 6.1 or even 7.1 audio but didn't. The rest of the Pixar movies available on Blu-ray have DTS-HD Master Audio tracks. Toy Story 3 is the only one that features something bigger than a straight 5.1 track (DTS-HD 7.1). The funny thing is the Blu-ray discs of Toy Story 1 & 2 both have foreign language tracks encoded in Dolby EX 5.1.

So really I don't know about The Incredibles having a 6.1 or 7.1 track. Disney isn't very consistent about this. While they were releasing Pixar movies on BD with 5.1 mixes they released some of their other classics with DTS-HD 7.1 tracks, such as Sleeping Beauty.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: