Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Breezy

Author Topic: Breezy
Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 01-01-2011 01:48 PM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Early Clint Eastwood stuff. I am sure I would of rated this movie much worse if I actually was a alive or saw it when it was release back in 1971, but to look at the picture in a historical context you can really see how Clint Eastwood has evolved and gotten better as a director while his style has stayed all the same.

The movie is cliched and cheesy at times but look at the film almost 40 years after it was made, Clint Eastwood likely did not have the power to make it dark and end on the note that is requires.

William Holden is great and the young girl is not bad. A side from all the cheesy lines and cliches. I am surprised that Kay Lenz is a nobody today.

Also, it was kind of interesting to see the way people lived in the early 70s, it was kind of cool to see the movie theatre and the "High Plains Drifter" throw in. Breezy was also nominated for 3 Golden Globes.

If you want to see early Clint Eastwood from 40 years later, Breezy is an interesting look. I do wonder how well this movie did at the box office.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-01-2011 08:40 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To avoid confusion it should be noted that Clint Eastwood directed "Breezy" but did not appear in it.

I projected this movie when it was fairly new, and was totally agog over Kay Lenz at the time. She was also in another movie, "The Great Scout and Cathouse Thursday" that was quite funny and she was very good in it. (But no nude scenes in that one, unfortunately!)

I don't remember "Breezy" doing major business at our place but I wasn't the owner then so I don't have access to the figures.

quote: Tom Petrov
end on the note that is requires.
What note is that? I haven't seen this in years but I don't remember the ending being bad.

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 01-02-2011 02:00 AM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
To avoid confusion it should be noted that Clint Eastwood directed "Breezy" but did not appear in it.

Technically he did appear in the movie, it was a 2 sec brief cameo. Although he did not star in the movie.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-02-2011 11:46 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, fine. Do I have to draw you a freaking picture? "Appear" in this case MEANS he didn't star in it. Your original post made it sound like it's a movie starring Eastwood, so I was just trying to clear it up so a casual reader wouldn't be confused. Please try to keep up.

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 01-02-2011 01:11 PM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
OK, fine. Do I have to draw you a freaking picture? "Appear" in this case MEANS he didn't star in it. Your original post made it sound like it's a movie starring Eastwood, so I was just trying to clear it up so a casual reader wouldn't be confused. Please try to keep up.

Lol! No worries, I was just being a smart ass.

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2011 05:25 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I 'rented' this on Vudu since it was 99 cents, I still have about 29 days to watch it. The trailer looks like this will be a laugh-fest given my sick fetish for the 70s.

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 01-02-2011 05:31 PM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jesse Skeen
sick fetish
And what sick fetish do you have?

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2011 10:09 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything from the 70s!

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-04-2011 07:13 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched it last night- the whole movie is orange and brown!

They need to remake this with Kirsten Dunst in the title role, and maybe Anthony Hopkins as the old guy.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: