Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » ESPN 3-D

Author Topic: ESPN 3-D
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 11-07-2010 12:10 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two WAC Titans met today in Boise , Idaho when the University of Hawaii' Warriors was blown out of the water by Boise State 42-7. The game was televised on ESPN in both 2-D and 3-D HD . My brother, his wife and I did not know the game was going to be in 3-D until at half time when we learned it was and saw the cameras being used at the site. After the game, I did some research online and learned about very low viewership so far in 3-D and some complaint of eyestrain. ESPN 3-d programming is on a one year trial and the various report I had read had showed promise if they can increase viewership and can keep the report of some people getting eyestrain to a minimum. So far, I had seen HD 3-D television on a SONY, Samsung and Panasonic and all were excellent with movies on Blu ray at Costco and Best Buy. Up until recently, the only way to get 3-D software was the one you get free when you buy a set but a few title has already been released and more are coming including A CHRISTMAS CAROL from Disney next week. Robert Harris reviewed the movie in HD 3-D and said it was excellent.

When my brother learned this morning's game was in 3-D, he had already made up his mind to get 3-D after he figures a way what to do with his current set. Peter Jackson has announced his next big project THE HOBBIT will be in 3-D and so has James Cameron when he said there will be two more AVATAR films in 3-D. and if more people are like Jackson, Cameron and my brother and me, 3-D has a bright future.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: