Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » SUSPIRIA on the big screen (AFI Silver)

Author Topic: SUSPIRIA on the big screen (AFI Silver)
Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2010 10:15 AM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh my god, oh my god, oh my god....!!!

a rare 35mm print of Suspiria is getting shown this week (Wed - Sun) at the AFI Silver as part of their Halloween Horror Movie mini fest - this should be sweet.

now where's the bluray? I know that it's available in Italy and the UK, but the image is supposedly weak and both discs are region B locked - shucks!

|  IP: Logged

Daniel Schulz
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2010 11:15 AM      Profile for Daniel Schulz   Author's Homepage   Email Daniel Schulz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully it's a better print than the one I saw last month at the New Beverly in Hollywood.

Love that movie.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2010 11:58 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We just showed it at the IHSFF in Tempe. I'm told the condition was "ok". I bet it's the same print that's making the rounds before it goes back to the UK.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 10-18-2010 02:32 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hasn't there been a "UNlock" region hack key around for years? This really isn't a problem any more, is it?

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 10-18-2010 03:10 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure about 'years', but there's definitely a hack now.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 10-19-2010 04:52 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SUSPERIA was the last movie I saw at the Hawaii Theatre before Consolidated Theatres decided to close the house a few months later. Soon after it closed, the building was saved from demolition when it was donated to a group who were interested in restoring the theatre to it's original splendor. They did a marvelous job because the theatre is gorgeous today. I was very surprised when the Hawaii showed SUSPERIA in four track mag stereo and it sounded great.

-Claude

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: