Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Spielberg's CLOSE ENCOUNTERS

Author Topic: Spielberg's CLOSE ENCOUNTERS
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 09-09-2010 08:17 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When Columbia Home Video announced a very special edition of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE 3RD KIND" only on Blue-Ray a couple of years ago,the price was up there above fifty dollars. Because I did not have BD player at the time and bought the movie many times on laserdisc and DVD, I did not pay too much attention to the announcement. About two years ago, I saw the BD movie on sale at Walmart for $29.9 and bought it even though I did not have a player yet. I thought the Walmart price was a very good deal but I saw it on sale at Costco for about $13.00 today and realized "All good things comes to those who wait". Amen, Brother!

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-10-2010 02:13 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was around $16 or maybe $19 at the most when I bought it a couple of years ago (or so). It's definitely the version to have since the seamless branching includes all cuts of the movie. It's still Close Encounters and it is odd at best, but I couldn't pass it up for the price. Plus, Jen is a Richard Dreyfuss fan.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: