Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » BLADE RUNNER BD blowout

Author Topic: BLADE RUNNER BD blowout
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 03-23-2010 06:44 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazon no longer list it and the only way you can get the five disc collectors edition of BLADE RIUNNER in Blu-Ray from them is from private sellers. I was very surprised to see tons of them at Costco early this afternoon for just $12.95 and a lot less than the private sellers are asking at Amazon. . They also had the single disc edition of GONE WITH THE WIND and the two dsc set of THE WIZARD OF OZ as well as the director's cut of WATCHMAN for the same price. I was not into Blu-Ray at the time and remember paying an ' Arm & a Leg' for the same collection of the BLADE RUNNER movies on DVD that came with a cheap attache case. Because I was happy with the DVDs, I never bothered to double dip and buy the BD set of TBR but at $12.95, how can I resist.

I guess with BD player prices going down, I see the same thing happening to the software prices and that is very good.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-23-2010 06:53 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have that 5 disc collection and I got it for maybe $15 a couple of years ago at Target. I still have only ever watched the first disc. I have never seen one with narration.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 03-23-2010 11:22 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

I first saw BLADE RUNNER in 70mm at the Coronet Theatre in San Francisco and never cared for it too much. I had another opportunity to see the film in 70mm here in Honolulu at the Cinerama Theatre shortly before they closed and by that time, I have come to appreciate the film and it is one of my favorite movies now. Like you, I only watched the first disc in the DVD collection but I think I will check out the other versions of the movie sometime this weekend. I am very happy I had the opportunity to get the movies on Blu-Ray because of the five star ratings for picture and sound quality as well as the film itself from several Blu-Ray critics.

-Claude

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: