Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Short time window - From theatre to video

Author Topic: Short time window - From theatre to video
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 03-04-2010 02:17 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had noticed THE PRINCESS & THE FROG will be coming out on Blu-Ray and DVD on the 16th of March and it only seem like it was only a few weeks when it was still playing at movie theatres. I guess it is now Disney's policy to release their movies to home video as soon as possible after it's theatrical engagements. I understand European theatres tried to boycott Tim Burton's ALICE IN WONDERLAD when Disney announced they were planning to release the movie three months from now after it opens tomorrow in theatres. AVATAR will continue a limited run in 2-D to try to make as money as possile and it too will get a speedy home video release on April 20th after playing in theatres for four months. Personally I have no problem for a movie making it's video debut sooner than normal after it opens at a theatre because if it is a movie I would like to see on a big screen like AVATAR in 3-D, I would see it there. If not, I would like to have the opportunity to see it in the comfort of my home as soon as possible. I cannot see anything wrong with that. There are sill many people who like to see movies with others on a big screen. They will have three months to do that but honestly how many movies play that long at the cinema? Most movies are gone after a month at a first run theatre. By the time the 2nd run theatres get it, it plays for about two weeks, max! Than a dollar house gets it and play it for a week or less. That is much less than three months, everyone.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: