Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » DVD to Blu-Ray upgrade from WB

Author Topic: DVD to Blu-Ray upgrade from WB
Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-18-2009 12:40 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
No kidding! Warner is offering DVD to Blu upgrades! Currently there are 55 available titles and you can upgrade up to 25. Price starts at $7.95 per title.

WB DVD2BLU

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 11-18-2009 01:07 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is just like the Warner's Red2Blu offer from last May for HD-DVD upgrade to Blu-ray. In that offer you got to keep the disc and just send in the cover art.

Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-18-2009 02:59 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
FYI - that Red2Blu offer is still valid too but only till the end of the year. I just took advantage of it in the past couple of weeks.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 11-18-2009 06:23 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Red2Blu took FOREVER to ship to my house. Months went by.

They also kept changing the offer after I sent in everything.

Casablanca was going to ship out as the Ultimate Colectors Edition, but afterwords they decided to ship a single disc no frills edition. I was pretty bumed out on that.

They were also going to ship me the Harry Potter 1-5 giftset, and instead decided to ship again only single discs for 1-5. I was not as bumed out there since I still have the HDDVD set. Would have been nice if they had sent out the HDDVD disc 1 cover back though so the set is complete.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 11-19-2009 01:11 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's odd. I got the HP Blu-ray box set back, and I had my discs less than two weeks after submitting.

Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-19-2009 02:10 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Olpin
Casablanca was going to ship out as the Ultimate Colectors Edition, but afterwords they decided to ship a single disc no frills edition. I was pretty bumed out on that.
Consider yourself lucky. A week or so after they announced the promotion they removed "Casablanca" entirely. I am stuck with the HD-DVD copy.

quote: Mike Olpin
Would have been nice if they had sent out the HDDVD disc 1 cover back though so the set is complete
I agree you should have got the box set but if they sent you back the other cover you could have sold it on eBay. Guess you could anyway...

I submitted mine around the first of this month. I had to call 10 days later because I hadn't received the email. I was notified on 11/16 that they received my cover art and would email me when the package is shipped. As of this writing I have not heard any more nor have they charged my credit card yet. (It's only been three days.)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: