Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Die Hard blu-ray collection $37.99

Author Topic: Die Hard blu-ray collection $37.99
Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2009 12:02 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
For four hours only (starting as of this posting) or until all items are sold you can get the four Die Hard movies in the blu-ray collector's set at Amazon for $37.99.

Die Hard Special

|  IP: Logged

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-11-2009 04:02 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you HAVE to take 2 and 3? [Wink]

Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2009 04:06 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
Not any more...it just ended!

I liked 3. Somebody on these forums thinks 2 is the best one. Don't remember who.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 11-11-2009 04:19 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have bought the DIE HARD movies on laserdiscs and DVDs and do not plan to upgrade them to Blu-Ray any time soon. Costco and others have a very good deal on the RAMBO collection for about $53.00 on BD and is wondering if they are worth getting.

-Claude

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2009 05:43 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Die Hard With A Vengeance has one of the WORST modern video transfers I've ever seen, and proves that THX-certified video transfers don't mean anything. It's got tons of edge-enhancement, so it looks like someone took a black marker and outlined everything on each frame. I've heard the Blu-Ray disc has a new transfer that doesn't do this.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-16-2009 09:08 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like all the Die Hard films. There are certainly alot worse picks available in this genre of films. The Rush Hour series of films come to mind.

Jessie... was yours a regular DVD or Blew Rae? My Blew Rae looks pretty good and sounds great.

Mark

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 11-16-2009 11:44 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 11-16-2009 03:02 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The blu-ray versions all looked good. There was a sound problem that was reported on one of those HD sites for the second film. When the blu-ray collection was released to the market.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-16-2009 03:13 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I first saw Die Hard 2, I liked it better than 1, but lately I've liked the first one better. I remember Ebert said the second one was better than the first.

Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2009 03:19 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill - is there a way if you can tell if you have the "defective" DH2?

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 11-16-2009 03:47 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The defect was with the DTS-HD MA track of the film.
The other site was Blu-ray.com

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-16-2009 06:02 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Claude... whats up??? Blank box there...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: