Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Disney's EARTH ?

Author Topic: Disney's EARTH ?
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 08-23-2009 02:13 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The theatrical feature, EARTH from Disney is scheduled to be released on Blu-Ray and DVD next week and I have a question about the content. I had read somewhere either all or most of the footage in the film was culled from the BBC series PLANET EARTH. I originally purchased the DVD of this documentary long before I decided to get Blu-Ray but decided to buy it again when I got into Bd. Does the Disney film use all of the footage in the BBC presentastion? The image quality on the original BBC set is outstanding but the sound on the Blu-Ray although in 5.1 was not very impressive. The Disney film will have a DTS Master Audio track and will be a totally new sound track so I am leaning towards buying it. For those of you who had seen the movie or ran it in a theatre, how was it.?

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 08-23-2009 03:10 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if 100% of the material from Earth comes from Planet Earth, but the majority of it is the same. If nothing else, Earth might be worth owning as a "condensed" version of Planet Earth.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: