Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Big Blue Ray sale at Best Buy on Sunday

Author Topic: Big Blue Ray sale at Best Buy on Sunday
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 06-18-2009 09:49 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best Buy will have a big sale on Catalog Blu-Ray titles at either $9.95 or $14.95 starting this Sunday.

For $9.95, ENTER THE DRAGON starring Bruce Lee, OCEANS 12 plus one additional title will be available

$14.95 titles will include MATRIX, NATURAL BORN KILLERS, AMADEUS, BETTLEJUICE, DIRTY HARRY, THE BRAVE ONE, HOW THE WEST WAS WON plus one additional title. I paid full price for HTWWW and about $20.00 (On Sale) for AMADEUS but I do not have the others. Of all the titles HTWWW is worth getting if you do not have it yet. It features the film in SmileBox, a simulation of the three strip Cinerama theatrical presentation as well as the letterboxed version.

Best Buy has a bad habit of not stocking too many copies of sale items so I suggest you are there when the store opens if you want to take advantage of the sale.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 06-18-2009 10:13 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great timing. I am once again out of work and holding back on non-essential purchases and Best Buy does this. Oh well, these titles will come up on sale again, and/or the contract work will pick up.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2009 12:04 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those who are considering NATURAL BORN KILLERS, it should be noted that the Director's Cut is set for release on 8/25.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 06-20-2009 12:23 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to The Digital Bits website the Blu-ray release of Natural Born Killers: Unrated Director's Cut has been pushed back to October 13.

I wish there was a Best Buy in my town. I'd probably pick up Dirty Harry and How the West Was Won, but I don't feel like driving to Wichita Falls or Norman. Maybe some other time when I'm doing something else in either of those towns. Amazon will probably have good discounts on those titles pretty soon.

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2009 12:33 AM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The special features on Enter The Dragon are worth the price alone but the movie itself while looking decent on my 720 dlp projector , looked bad on my friends 1080 dlp projector and i think its because of to many hours of special features on one disc? How ironic. [Roll Eyes] Still, The Warriors Journey documentary is top notch , plus there is plenty more.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 06-20-2009 12:50 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The version of NATURAL BORN KILLERS that will be on sale at Best Buy starting tomorrow is the regular theatrical version in a Digibook case. I have the directors cut on laserdisc in a box set and I will be happy wit the just regular version in Blu-Ray.

-Claude

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: