Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Throw away your pesky 120hz/240hz/480hz TV - Get the real stuff

Author Topic: Throw away your pesky 120hz/240hz/480hz TV - Get the real stuff
Julio Roberto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2009 02:02 PM      Profile for Julio Roberto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Throw away your pesky 120hz/240hz/480hz TV. Forget Pioneer's Kuro's (now discontinued) 96/100hz and DLP's 144hz.

Get the real stuff.

And screw DCI's 2000:1 sequential contrast. How about one billion to 1 (1,000,000,000:1)?

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/01/21/lg_pq60d/

quote:
The LG PQ60D set has just been unveiled by the firm in Korea and it not only boasts an unbelievable 1,000,000,000:1 contrast ratio, but has a 600Hz frame refresh rate too.
The 60PS70 has just come out in Korea with 600hz too.

http://www.itechnews.net/2009/05/21/lg-x-canvas-50ps70-and-60ps70-plasma-hdtv-with-time-machine/

quote:
LG Korea presents the new X-Canvas 50-inch 50PS70 and 60-inch 60PS70 plasma HDTVs. Each of them is equipped with a 160GB hard drive and includes the Time Machine DVR system. These plasma TVs offers 600Hz frame rate and Mega contrast ratio. They offer USB 2.0
[beer] [Razz]

Disclaimer: I know a lot of those numbers are more marketing than anything else. But comes to show the ever-improving home a/v market.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-22-2009 03:26 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ats nuttin new... Dolby owns a video monitor company that has had one that does about the same contrast ratio for a year or so now... Plus you can view it in extremely bright sunlight [Cool] .

Mark

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2009 04:28 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's not a huge hard drive, but I assume users will be able to upgrade easily.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-22-2009 09:58 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Gulbrandsen
Dolby owns a video monitor company that has had one that does about the same contrast ratio for a year or so now... Plus you can view it in extremely bright sunlight.
Are they selling a commercially available product or are they merely throwing a lot of money down the toilet for some sort of technological bragging rights?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: