Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » I am lost with LOST #4 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I am lost with LOST #4
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 01-06-2009 05:27 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have not watched LOST when the series ran on network television but I have been a fan of the ABC television presentation after watching every episode on DVD up until the 3rd season. I am now 'making an effort' to watch season four on discs but have found the stories going all over the place and the first five episodes I have watched so far has been a total confused mess, Am I the only one to feel this way when I come across reviews by many leading television critics that states season four was one of the better ones or even the best!. I own the current DVD as well as all the previous seasons and have stopped watching. For those of you who love the show, can you tell me why the flash back sequences jump all over the place and time including the future when many of the main characters are shown rescued from the island and have resumed their lives in modern society. Another episode shows Saied in Berlin (in the future or the past?) on a mission and does not explain why he was there after that segment has ended. If I am missing something, will someone please enlighten me?

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Carey Barber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2009 05:58 PM      Profile for Carey Barber   Email Carey Barber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Claude, you are not the only one...

I thought that Season One was one of the best shows I have seen. Not only was the writing interesting, but it also had higher production values that most shows.

Season Two was good but not as good as Season One.

Season Three I felt was rather disappointing, with the exception of the excellent ending.

Season Four was also disappointing. Although, if it makes you feel any better, a lot of the confusing stuff is cleared up later and throughout the season.

(It has been quite a while since I have seen any of these episodes, and most were only watched once, so this is my general recollection of the series without too much detail.)

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 01-06-2009 06:40 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess it's called "LOST" for a reason! [Smile]

I really enjoyed season 4, and can't wait until season 5 starts up in a few weeks.

Most of the flash back story lines in season 4 are actually flash forwards. This of course started with the last episode of season 3. I could probably help you out on some things, but if I tried to explain what was going on, I'd probably go insane myself.

I do recommend the forum over at The Fuselage. You can drill down to individual episodes and see what the fans are talking about with each one. Of course, there are some rabid fans there too, so occasionally you pick up a pretty cool tidbit that you either missed in an episode, or forgot about from an old episode that ties into the episode you're looking at.

Also you can pose questions to the show's stars and writers. Occasionally they answer back. Jorge Garcia (Hurley) is pretty active there from time to time.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 01-07-2009 03:41 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Carey & Mark

I briefly logged on to the site, Mark had directed me to but did not spend too much time there because I have only a limited amount of time this morning on the internet. I will will visit the site again before I resume watching the rest of season four of LOST. It will have wait because I just started to watch season two of THE TUDORS on DVD last night after I picked it up yesterday at Best Buy.

-Claude

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2009 07:32 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claude, season 4 is indeed the best season. It is very cryptic at the start, but hold fast and it will be explained. The great thing about Lost is, one episode might confuse you and you'll be like what, why did that happen. But three or four episodes later the same flash forwards will be happening from someone else's perspective to flesh out the story more. Make sure you get season 4 finished up for the start of season 5 in two weeks.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 01-07-2009 10:46 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watching the DVDs is without a doubt the BEST way to watch this show because you pick up things between the episodes a lot better than you do when you have a week or two in between the episodes.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2009 12:08 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just started watching season 1, and after finishing the first disc (4 episodes), I don't see what the big deal is about this show. I assume it gets better?

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2009 12:23 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It gets much better Mike, it takes a little while for all the characters to be fleshed out and for you to start careing about what happens. Give it a chance [thumbsup]

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 03-25-2009 10:21 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but make sure you pay close attention, or else you're going to want to go back and watch the whole first season over again later.

Well, come to think of it, you'll probably want to do that no matter how much attention you give it!

[thumbsup]

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 03-25-2009 01:37 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was like you Mike with the first season. I did give it a chance and in a very short period of time, I got hooked ----- until season four [Confused] I have the DVD set of season four and only watched about five episodes and because I have so many other Blu Ray discs and DVds to watch, I doubt I will continue to watch LOST anymore. Please do not let my personal feelings deter you from watching LOST because there are a lot of people who love the show and some had even said it got better after season four.
[Smile]

-Claude

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2009 11:29 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I'm now on the third disc (episode 12 or so) and it just started to get interesting... I'll continue. Lol. [thumbsup]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-29-2009 09:52 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clearly folks... Too much TV can very definately cause one to get lost!!

Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2009 10:36 AM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After following the show religiously since the beginning, I'm about ready to pack it in with this season. This show has become so convoluted and contrived that I can't see how they can possibly rationalize all the plot points and wrap things up with a believable explanation. After the infuriating bullshit last episode of Battlestar Galactica , I just don't want to invest anymore time into a show that's just going to end with a whack-off "thanks for six years of your life now here's a token no-real-answers ending that we think we can get away with" finale.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 04-01-2009 07:46 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*** I WILL NOT GIVE ANYTHING AWAY IN THIS POST ***

I've heard that from a few folks too, but I couldn't disagree more. If there's one thing I've learned from this show, it's that things that make absolutely no sense at all now end up making perfect sense later on down the road - sometimes a season or two later.

Even with all of the answers they've given so far, there's still a lot of mystery surrounding the island. I'm reluctant to talk about ANYTHING related to the show or any of the characters or their names here because so many haven't seen it, and that just wouldn't be fair.

Keep going, Mike! Let us know what you think of the ending.

[thumbsup]

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2009 04:38 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'm about halfway through with season 3, and things just got a little strange with the t.t. aspect of the show (I'm sure fans will know what this means but don't want to spoil it for others). I'm hooked!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: