Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » missedmovies.com

Author Topic: missedmovies.com
Kyle Watkins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2008 11:06 PM      Profile for Kyle Watkins   Email Kyle Watkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any one ever deal with the site.

www.missedmovies.com

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-30-2008 11:21 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They have some good movies there but I don't quite understand it. Do they sell you a VHS tape, or a VHS tape with a burned DVD included (legal) or just a burned DVD copy with a copy of the cover art (illegal)?

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-31-2008 04:14 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are some movies in the 80's collection that take me back to the dreaded drive-in days...movies I was forced to screen that did nothing but hammer nails into their coffins. [Mad] I loved the Drive-Ins, but running these stinkers made it very difficult to love them.

For the most part, they should have all gone straight to [dlp]

Kyle Watkins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2008 04:16 PM      Profile for Kyle Watkins   Email Kyle Watkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure how it is done. there a movie that was made for tv. called chiefs.
i just want to know if it a good website or some sort of scam.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 08-31-2008 10:12 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Based on their "About Our Titles" page, it sounds like it's DVD's burned from imported VHS titles. They warn you outright that the quality is not exactly up to par with today's studio DVD releases.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 09-03-2008 07:13 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There not imported VHS titles. They are VHS titles that are not available yet in the US market on DVD, because of some rights issues or the studio has not gotten to them yet. The cover art work is all made up of materials from the VHS boxes. Not on art work lack of full studio type info. On imported VHS and DVD's have more legal notices printed on them.
Your buying bootlegs of copyrighted movies.

The guy does not update the titles well. Because 13 of them have just been released by the real rights owner.

Frank Bruno
Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2008 12:10 AM      Profile for Frank Bruno   Email Frank Bruno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sites like this seem to wait to actually get told to cut it out by the distributor when selling stuff that gets officially released. I stalk them, hunting for stuff, then when I find it's out there I don't end up buying it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: