Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Secret of Santa Vittoria

Author Topic: Secret of Santa Vittoria
Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2008 12:14 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
This little gem of a film was just released on DVD for the first time. Apparently it was pretty popular when first released (1968) but hasn't been seen much since. It's produced by Stanley Kramer and stars Anthony Quinn. It has a very nice 2.35:1 anamorphic transfer and stereo audio remix in addition to the original mono. I highly recommend this film to all my friends at Film-Tech.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-09-2008 12:53 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its also the first film I ever ran change over back when I was a Junior in HS.. I always liked Anthony Quinn for reasons I can't really explain... perhaps he just seems genuine to me... or perhaps he got stuck with some of the crappiest roles Hollywood could come up with but still kept his face.

Mark

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2008 07:11 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This little movie is fun to watch. I also recommend it.

It will be nice to see it on DVD.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 06-09-2008 10:48 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the first films that I ran when I began as a Drive-In projectionist in the fall of 1969...

I still remember the UA logo that came with this film being their 50th anniv:

"50 Years, now watch us grow!"

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 06-10-2008 09:06 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched it a month ago on DVD and enjoyed it alot. [thumbsup]

Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2008 04:58 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Gulbrandsen
I always liked Anthony Quinn for reasons I can't really explain... perhaps he just seems genuine to me...
I think he's somewhat underrated as an actor. I agree he never got the greatest parts. Popular rumor is he was offered the role of Don Corleone and turned it down. I always liked him chewing the scenery in "Against All Flags" with Errol Flynn and Maureen O'Hara. I will have to look for more of his work.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: