Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » HOUSE M.D.

Author Topic: HOUSE M.D.
Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2008 07:55 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am just curious if anyone here enjoys this show? It is hands down one of my all time favorite TV shows. I like the style of it a lot, and I find the way Hugh Laurie plays House is just great! I would never have realized that he was British and spoke with an accent if I had not read it somewhere. I have never been a fan of medical shows but happened to catch an espisode of this halfway through the first season and was immediately hooked. Some of the medical stuff may be a little far fetched but I think they try hard to keep the dialogue as accurate as possible. I enjoyed the show more before they added the "new team" and I also used to like the way they used House watching his favorite soap to sometimes foreshadow the plot. Anyone else like this show, or hate it? Anyone catch the season finale last night and have any thoughts?

|  IP: Logged

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 05-20-2008 04:31 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the show, although recently it's wearing a little thin with me. Not sure why. One thing I do know is I wouldn't want to be a patient in that hospital. [Wink]

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 05-20-2008 10:01 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what's happened to it since the place closed but when I was at my old theater they had the pilot episode of House. Even after I moved no one had come to pick it up probably 2 1/2 to 3 years after we had shown it for some executives looking to pick up a new show.

Another supervisor and I watched it one Thursday when there was nothing to build up or tear down. I loved it as a counterpoint to the normal show (since it had a very different feel).

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-21-2008 09:21 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, now thats something I would really like to see! What was different about it?

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 05-21-2008 11:03 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The overall feel was more of a "traditional" hospital drama; little-bit less fast-paced. And House was a bit more of a subdued character which was different.

And it was weird seeing that the black doctor (I can't remember character names) had gang sign tattoos on his hands in the web between thumb and index finger, since House pointed out that he wanted someone with "street smarts" who'd be willing to break into buildings and shit. They kept the general idea of that in the show, minus the mentioning him being in a gang or showing tattoos. Though I imagine part of that would be from someone pointing out that in real life no hospital would allow someone to work with those visible tattoos.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 05-21-2008 11:14 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
House has his staff break into his patients' homes all the time, looking for possible causes of illness like household chemicals, drugs, etc. Do any doctors actually do that or did the show's writers make that up for the benefit of TV drama?

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-21-2008 11:57 AM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to assume it's for the TV drama. Real physicians fear lawsuits. This is why they have tests run on mundane illnesses "just in case" it's not the mundane illness it likely is.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-21-2008 06:43 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I think the point of the show being that Dr. House and his team are the last resort when it comes to diagnostic medicine. I think if you were at the point where you had to see the "best" diagnostic medicine doctor in the "world" you would sign a release for them to check your house. Breaking in I imagine is embellished for entertainment purposes.

Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2008 01:36 AM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dr House is great! [beer]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: