Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » V: The Original Miniseries, Final Battle, TV Series & V: The Second Generation Book

Author Topic: V: The Original Miniseries, Final Battle, TV Series & V: The Second Generation Book
Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2008 10:21 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all. Since being a huge, huge fan of V, I figured I would start a post on this series. For those of us who actually watched the entire series on TV in the early to mid 1980's, what do you think of the series? Personally, I am totally fascinated by the show and am glad that I have the entire series on DVD. I think I watch it more than any other DVD that I have in my collection.

Also, for those of you who purchased V: The Second Generation book, what do you think? So far, I am about half-way through it right now in which I have it in both Hardcover and Paperback. The book is a great read. I highly suggest it to all.

Anyway, I read somewhere on the internet (and I forgot where) that Kenneth Johnson may do a theatrical run of V: The Original Miniseries. From what I read, he was in talks with Warner Bros to have it out Theatrically by April 8, 2008, but, it didn't happen. So, I suspect it will be next year. Also, since he owns the rights to the series, he is planning on doing V: The Second Generation with most of the Original Cast which would continue from V: The Original Miniseries as the book was written from that first show.

So, what do y'all think in general?

Pretanama (Peace)!

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-25-2008 11:17 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was a cool kind of "eewww" moment when the lady gave birth to her mixed-species baby. It cried and spit out a forked tongue. Just great.
[Razz]

I thought it was kind of stupid how the aliens died damned near instantly when the good guys poured the red powder on them.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: