Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Electrohome/Christie DLV 1280i Projector Fault

Author Topic: Electrohome/Christie DLV 1280i Projector Fault
Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2007 06:35 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently bought a Electrohome DLV (Digital Light Valve) projector and I have found some faults with it.

So far I had to replace the Lamp as it had reached well over 4,000 hours and had quite a bad flicker.

Since I have set this up I still notice a Blue Circlular spot in the centre of the screen, at first I assume it was the old Lamp, but this still remains.

I get this Blue image even on "Black Test Patten" and have tried to adjust this out with Colour/Brightness/Contrast adjustments etc but with out success.

The Video Component feed works correctly and there is no picture shifting etc, except for this Blue Hue in the background.

Is this a fault with one of the (Blue) Mirror Panels or could this be adjusted?.

I have already tried the Flicker Adustment as well, it may be the projector is worn out as the logged hours is 30,000 hours.

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 12-21-2007 06:53 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sounds like the blue panel got a good case of burn-in and needs to be replaced (someone [probably left the unit on for a long time without any video feed and just the blue panel was being used) - being the longest light frequency. Here's some info for you to peek at.

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2007 07:23 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Monte L Fullmer
sounds like the blue panel got a good case of burn-in and needs to be replaced
I feared that might be the case and no doubt replacement Panels are a costly repair [Frown]

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 01-16-2009 05:22 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 391 days since the last post.

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2009 05:22 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A update on my earlier posting about this and the effect on the screen.

-

The Dots are quite visable, is this the case of Panel damage or something else?.

Although the Projector is old and Christie no longer supports them since 2006, I have replace the Lamp a few years ago and want to use until the Lamp fails.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: