Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Mission Impossible Still On TV!

Author Topic: Mission Impossible Still On TV!
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-31-2007 01:04 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Move over Tom Cruise! While home with a kidkney ailement I was flipping through TV channels... there are some new channels appearing locally and one of them... 66.9... has re-runs of the old "Mission Impossible" TV show. This was a refreshing thing to watch in the midst of crap re-run shows like Gomer Pyle, Beverley Hillbillies... and all the court tv stuff. I was stunned at how well these shows have held up over the years and how undated they remain... except for the cars they used. The transfers are also excellent. Kids watching them today wouldn't have a clue they were done in the 60's. Are these old episodes being re-run in any other parts of the country???

Mark

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-31-2007 02:27 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fully agree with you Mark.

(Sorry to hear about you having these kidney ailments..please keep up on the antibiotics to clear all that junk up.)

I've got a crapload of the Peter Grave versions of M:I. on VHS that I taped down - from the original late night broadcasts of yore that TBS (back then when it was WTCG) would broadcast those episodes, and even when Graves redid the M:I program (being a short lived series) in the late 80's with Greg Morris's son.

Sorry, Tommy boy, you're simply not Jim Phelps, for you're still Tom Cruise no matter what.

-Monte

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 01-31-2007 07:46 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
It's on here everyday on a local TV station (KDOC). I keep watching it and I like it.

I like Peter Graves MUCH better than Steven Hill as the "head dude".

But, the stuff Barney (Greg Morris), the electronics (dimwit) wiz, comes up with is soooo f*cking lame it's pathetic!

The other day, he used that reoccurring POS no-capstan-3"-R2R tape player to play a video to a TV... oh boy!

I find that show GREAT comedy! LUV it!

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-01-2007 03:24 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
POS no-capstan-3"-R2R tape player to play a video to a TV... oh boy!

...remember back in the early 60's some company came out with a VTR prototype that used just about that..but with 10 inch reels full of standard 1/4" Scotch 111 audio tape and having one stationery head with tape wizzing past the head doing about 300ips to get a halfway decent B/W picture?

Didn't you just love it with them using those little Juliette rim drive tape machines and think that they were the top stuff back then for spy work?

And I do agree with you fully, Phil - what a fun show to watch with all of the gadgetry that was used.

-Monte

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-01-2007 12:02 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about yous guys 3" R to R but mine runs at perfect speed [thumbsup] .

Last nights episode was part two of a two part series... Great face job episode with Martin Landau photographing every page of the mob's books with a tiny Minox camera.... cool!

Mark

Andy Su
Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2007 08:59 PM      Profile for Andy Su   Email Andy Su   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the cast line up in the show brilliant Martin Landau and Barbara Bain as you know both appeared in the Gerry Anderson Sci-Fi show Space 1999. I mostly watched the Mission Impossible shows though the late 1970’s and 1980’s though to the early 1990’s.

I’ve been looking though the imdb database I see that a few on the list where in Star Trek, of course I know Leonard Nimoy Paris was in the shows from time to time. Its sad I didn’t know Greg Morris who played Barny Collier is no longer here he was the handyman of gadgets on the show.

I liked the episode where Barny invents a device that is placed into a brick wall to create an Earthquake so that the IMF team can achieve there objective.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060009/fullcredits#cast

Bernard Tonks
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2007 06:09 AM      Profile for Bernard Tonks   Email Bernard Tonks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a new TV station in the UK called Channel Five U.S. Mission Impossible is screened daily, the prints look good.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2007 10:27 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like Viacom is syndicating the show to local markets.
It ain't here. [Frown]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: