Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » An Inconvenient Truth comes in paper case (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: An Inconvenient Truth comes in paper case
Edwin Sheldon
Film Handler

- posted 11-19-2006 12:08 AM      Profile for Edwin Sheldon   Email Edwin Sheldon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The case is made of recycled paper. Too bad they didn't use eco-friendly cyan soundtracks on the 35mm prints. [sleep]

|  IP: Logged

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-22-2006 08:51 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or they could have done the environment a real favor and not made the movie at all.

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2006 10:22 AM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walmart has packaged this with a florescent bulb.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-22-2006 12:54 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From our warehouse, we recieved a promotional item for this film. It's postcard-sized "seed paper." It looks like very pulpy recycled paper, but instead of pulp it has seeds pressed into it - you soak the paper for a couple of hours in water, then bury it, and keep it moist. And soon you have a festive garden.

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2006 01:27 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised they haven't included a pack of rolling papers for the hippies who will buy this dvd. [evil]

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-22-2006 02:33 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike...

That sounds fun. Did you try it?

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 11-22-2006 03:39 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what it grows? [evil] (See Danny's post above.)

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2006 10:53 AM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, they may be a lot less tense people in the world. Geez, maybe that's a good idea for the remainder of my 2 weeks at the theatre. Naw, I'll stick to the bottle, less trouble with that. [Big Grin]

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2006 12:11 AM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I"m thankful this film was made, 18 years ago I spent a day with a canadian scientest called David Suzuki, who pretty much covered the topic simalarly to Al Gore in 2006,

The major difference was mine was one on one situation.

quote "Yes the climate has been changing for hundreds of millions of years. this is not the issue, Its the rate of change thats the problem, Traditionally forrests do move, seeds grow where the conditions are right and die where conditions are no longer favorable. Unfortunatly now trees are going to pull up there roots and learn how to walk to keep up with climate change!!!!!"

The frog dies ie is boiled to death (no one saves him).

Now I am afraid that my 3 1/2 year old son will be boiled to death some time in his future

-

[ 11-25-2006, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2006 12:58 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The perfect solution for global warming. Build huge CO2 scubbers to take it out of our atmosphere and then transport it to Mars and dump it so it can start warming the planet to make it suitable for future generations. I dont know how to do it but surely someone will figure it out.

I just watched it on DVD today, from netflix. Better than I was expecting. One thing though, I am so tired of them blaming what happened to New Orleans on global warming. The devestation of N.O. was a MAN MADE disaster. If Katrina would have hit anywhere else it would have been just another hurricane. What do you expect when you have a city below sea level?

My other question is this. IF the damage is done and in 60 years we enter another ice age due to the desalinization of the oceans, wouldn't we want all the extra greenhouse gasses in the air to help prevent a runaway freeze? For those who don't know a runaway freeze is where so much of the earth's surface gets covered in ice that it reflects too much heat back into space and results in the planet getting colder and becoming completely covered in ice. It happened about 600mya and the only way out of it is through "global warming." Of course the last time it took about 10million years for enough co2 to build up in the atmosphere to begin the thaw.

Im no scientist of course so don't take anything I say seriously, ever.

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2006 07:59 PM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, sorry if my earlier comments crossed the line It wasn't ment to offend, as for American Politics well I have no idea, Technically my ruler or leader is the Queen of another country (who never visits!).

I hope that my 3 1/2 year old son will live a full life and that his children will live a quality of life similar to ours, unfortunatly after witnessing 18 years of inaction, time is running out, current estimates indicate that to fix the problem will now cost 1% of GDP worldwide, this huge figure will continue to go up as inaction continues.

I find this frustrating, I believe that mankind can do anything it sets its mind to.

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2006 12:23 AM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Cameron Glendinning
Technically my ruler or leader is the Queen of another country
You do have a Prime Minister or something, right? That'd be your leader, since the "queen" doesn't even truely run her own country, more like the Parliment does, and the Prime Minister.

I'd point out that scientists seem split on the whole global warming issue. Some say we're causeing it, some say it's simply the earth coming out of the last ice age. Not the BIG ice age, but a smaller one. Also, from what I've read, just one volcanic erupiton produces more greenhouse and ozone depleting gases than everything man has so far.

Anyhow, all of this global warming talk is bound to spring up political talk, so we either need to ask the mods to allow it, or evlolve the topic away from it.

Personally, on a side note, I'd like to see us colonize Mars during my life, but I doubt it'll happen.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 11-26-2006 01:28 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2006 10:17 AM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Charles Greenlee
all of this global warming talk is bound to spring up political talk
Gee, ya think? I thought this was supposed to be a discussion about the DVD, not amateur hour at the I Took Tenth Grade Earth Science Club.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2006 12:05 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I happened to take 10th grade science twice. I got a C the second time.

Sure, this is a discussion about the DVD. But guess what? The movie is on the DVD and the movie is about global warming.

Are you suggesting that the discussion of science be banned on here? I am not going to refrain from asking a scientific question out of the fear that some idiot will turn it into a political discussion. You see Chad, intelligent people ask questions. Intelligent people are not always smart, but they look at something and ask questions about what they don't understand.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: