Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Due superpiedi quasi piatti, I (1978)

Author Topic: Due superpiedi quasi piatti, I (1978)
Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2006 08:20 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AKA Crime Busters

This film would rank in the top 4 or 5 Bud Spencer & Terence Hill films.

Most later Hill/Spencer films were set in Miami although featuring Italian casts (imagine the airfares) and token American comedic actors. Some work, some don't but of the Miami films this is the best.

Plot is simple enough - two petty criminals meet and plan to hold up a supermarket. Inadvertently they end up joining the police force and end up having to solve a murder. The plot is no intellectual strain but this is meant to be light fare.

The various scenes involving Hill, Spencer and the crook's cars are classic comedic theatre. I won't spoil it for you but they come early in the film and are a running joke.

It is nicely filmed and as usual the film quality is excellent with an excellent transfer to dvd. The seventies almost look nice!

I'd rank this 7.5/10.

cheers Peter

|  IP: Logged

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 08-28-2006 09:27 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It says here you were kicked out of Canada."

These are not easily found on DVD in the US...I don't think they've ever had a Region 1 release.

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2006 09:47 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Sam

I'm surprised to learn that especially as the film was shot in Miami.

cheers Peter

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 08-28-2006 11:37 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anchor Bay released some of the "Trinity" films in Region 1. I have "They Call Me Trinity" and "Trinity is Still My Name." As Peter mentioned, both feature truly horrible film transfers. Apparently there are other import versions that have better transfers and will play in Region 1.

One of these days I'll hunt down the remastered "My Name is Nobody" (Terence Hill, Henry Fonda(!)) on German PAL DVD but for now I'm quite happy with the domestic LD version, a two-disc gatefold jacket with "The Appaloosa" as the second feature.

Hill & Spencer also starred in another film as a couple of DC-3 pilots. Don't know the title, but I'd like to hunt that one down some day as well.

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2006 01:10 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul I think the name of that film was "All The Way Boys" I obtained a copy on VHS through Amazon.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 02-24-2007 06:41 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Crime Busters" is getting a proper North American release this Tuesday.

Special feature breakdown:

Interview with director Enzo Barboni
Interview with star Bud Spencer
Photo gallery
Biographies
Original trailer
Special trailers
Interactive Menu
Scene Index

Amazon page here

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-25-2007 04:19 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad that the DVD copies of the first two "Trinity"s were so horribly duped and in full-screen since they were shot in Scope and the theatre releases were in IB Technicolor...

At least "Nobody" comes in a letterboxed edition on DVD ...

Christian Appelt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-25-2007 10:15 AM      Profile for Christian Appelt   Email Christian Appelt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Paul Mayer
One of these days I'll hunt down the remastered "My Name is Nobody" (Terence Hill, Henry Fonda(!)) on German PAL DVD but for now I'm quite happy with the domestic LD version, a two-disc gatefold jacket with "The Appaloosa" as the second feature.
The German PAL DVD of MY NAME IS NOBODY is a beautiful transfer, very well done. NOBODY IS STILL MY NAME looks OK, but it has a very light smeary, undefinable electronic look to it. Maybe they couldn't get close to source materials for the second film.

One has to remember that the sequel (which is not really a squel anyway) has a lot of technical problems to begin with because parts of the camera negative were stolen to blackmail the prouction company. So they had to assemble the movie partly from second takes and do a lot of tricks in dubbing, optical extraction and so on. Even in the original theatrical release, NOBODY IS STILL MY NAME was much grainier than the first one.

I recommend the PAL version of the first NOBODY, of course it has the English sound version too. And it has a transfer of the European Super 8 souvenir version, about 17 minutes of running time; I also liked the long interview with Terence Hill.

Mein Name ist Nobody PAL DVD

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: