Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Super-cheap 1-sheet frames?

Author Topic: Super-cheap 1-sheet frames?
Christopher Meredith
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2006 10:24 PM      Profile for Christopher Meredith   Author's Homepage   Email Christopher Meredith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Need a way to put some standard 1-sheets on the wall. Doesn't have to be fancy, just flat. Wal-mart has some size-appropriate frames for $20 each. I'm looking for even cheaper than that. [evil]

Any ideas?

Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2006 10:32 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4 thumb tacks will do the trick. [Big Grin]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-10-2006 10:49 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Media Play had some nice ones that were a bit cheaper, but Media Play died or something.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-11-2006 04:32 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I picked some up at a Michael's (the craft store) for $7 bucks once. I think they were on sale and you had to buy three to get the deal?

If there is one in your area - it would'nt hurt to call and ask.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 08-17-2006 01:28 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheapest we've ever found -- we use them for a variety of needs from frames to hold the port view glass to framing to hold plexi in front of a large standee. Figuring a 1-sheet size, you can get either their Radius or Standard models in a variety of finishes & colors at about $18.00. They come with hanging brackets and springs and are grooved to allow for glass or plastic to slide in with your 1-sheet. They also come with hardware for mounting -- brackets and springs to hold everything together in them. clicky: American Frame

Stephen Frazza
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2006 12:13 PM      Profile for Stephen Frazza   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Frazza   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Media Play was really Suncoast. And I used to get the frames there for around 12 bucks. I didn't see it listed on their website but they might still have them in their stores.

Christopher Meredith
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2006 01:17 AM      Profile for Christopher Meredith   Author's Homepage   Email Christopher Meredith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I stumbled across this:
http://www.allposterframes.com/product.php?prod=4663

Looks like the best I can do! Thanks all for the input!

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 08-19-2006 01:27 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just be careful about the cardboard backing in those inexpensive frames. Cardboard has high acid content and is death to paper products over the not-so-long term. If you're planning on keeping your posters in those frames for an extended period, I strongly recommend replacing that 1/8" cardboard with 1/8" acid-free and buffered backing or mat board.

I've been looking for some cheap framing solutions for my posters as well. That site looks promising.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: