Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Monsters HD - Anyone else watch this channel?

Author Topic: Monsters HD - Anyone else watch this channel?
Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 06-26-2006 02:43 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was pleasantly surprised to find this channel in my new Dish Network lineup. I'm a sucker for old horror movies, so this channel is great for me. Anyone else watch?

For those that aren't familiar with this channel, check out the line up:
pdf here

I really need to come up with a way to record some of this stuff in HD.

|  IP: Logged

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2006 08:35 AM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did for a few months but they seemed to have gone on a binge of slasher/hellraiser movies which just gross me out. I like the old b&w crappy monster movies, which they do show. Lately it's just been gross stuff though

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 06-28-2006 09:49 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I have to agree that there was a lot of that there for a while. But the classic stuff is really cool.

Unfortunately though, it looks like they like to play 1.33 stuff cropped instead of pillar boxed. At least the stuff I've seen so far is like that. If that's the case with everything, that stinks.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: