Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Do you collect TV on DVD? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Do you collect TV on DVD?
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-23-2006 07:21 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are your favorite TV shows on DVD? I'm collecting a few of my old faves, such as:

The Andy Griffith Show
Seinfeld
Green Acres
All in the Family
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
Dragnet
Adam-12

and am just starting on The Simpsons, my wife is a fan.

If I could have any old show I wanted on DVD, I would pick "WKRP In Cincinnati" (preferably with the original music).

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-23-2006 07:40 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me I have:

-The Transformers (the original, not the crappy stuff they came out with later)
-Married with Children (seasons 2, 3, and 4 so far) Great stuff, damn it!

I have also borrowed a few seasons of Seinfeld from Nate, and a couple seasons of The Simpsons from my friend Dave. My dad lent me Band of Brothers starring that Friends guy, but I thought that was really boring and stopped watching after just a disc or two.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 02-23-2006 07:58 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
  • Arrested Development
  • Seinfeld
  • Firefly (all 1 season of it, or actually 1/2 a season)

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 02-23-2006 08:02 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two DVD burners (one in my old desktop machine and a dual layer model in my notebook) -and I've yet to burn a TV program to DVD.

I keep telling myself I'll start taping and burning shows when I get that crucial new piece of hardware. In a couple months I'm going to get a Firewire 800 PC card for my notebook and a 300GB or 500GB external Firewire 800 hard disc. Maybe then I'll start backing up some of my DVD movies and taping shows off TV. But chances are I won't get around to doing it. Perhaps that makes me an asshole. I don't know.
[thumbsup]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-23-2006 08:08 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I have all currently available seasons, box sets, and episodes of:

Seinfeld
The Honeymooners
Space 1999
Queer As Folk
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Tonight Show w/Johnny Carson

Jason Miller
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2006 09:26 PM      Profile for Jason Miller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am collecting:

Smallville
ER (when the hell is season 5 coming out?)
Charmed
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Family Guy
Justice League Unlimited
Sealab
Muppet Show (if they ever put out 2nd season)
King of the Hill
MacGyver
Mike Judge Beavis and Butthead

I'm think of starting South Park...

Nick Scott
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2006 09:44 PM      Profile for Nick Scott   Author's Homepage   Email Nick Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am currently collecting
.Seinfeld
.Simpsons
.CSI: The original
.CSI: Miami
.CSI: New York
.SouthPark

Just gotta love CSI [Big Grin]

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2006 10:17 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Palin's, Around The World in 80 Days, Pole to Pole, Great Circle, Sahara, Himalaya.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-23-2006 11:39 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Nick Scott
CSI: The original
CSI: Miami
CSI: New York

I don't think I could ever watch a DVD version of an HDTV show. It just seems so... wrong.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 02-24-2006 12:08 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the few TV shows I absolutely love:

Columbo

My wife got me the first three seasons on DVD for Christmas. The Complete Fourth Season is coming out in a couple of weeks and I can't wait!

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2006 03:45 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool TV shows out on DVD I'd buy & watch if I'd found enough time to watch the bazillion DVD's I've already bought & haven't watched:

Original Outer Limits
Original Twilight Zone
Those 1980s or 1990's versions of Outer Limits & Twilight Zone
The Buster Keaton Show
The Abbott & Costello Show
Green Acres

Since each of those collections contains 666 x 10^666 hours of video, I'd probably never make it through one of them.

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2006 06:46 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One word, people...

- Friends

Jamie Glossop
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2006 07:10 AM      Profile for Jamie Glossop   Author's Homepage   Email Jamie Glossop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Simpsons,
Red Dwarf
Futurama
Family Guy
Fresh Prince Of Bel Air
**EDIT** forgot to add my family to the list [Smile]

[ 02-24-2006, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Jamie Glossop ]

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2006 07:37 AM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Fairly Odd Parents

Anslem Rayburn
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2006 07:45 AM      Profile for Anslem Rayburn   Email Anslem Rayburn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dominic Espinosa
One word, people...

- Friends

Have you checked the discount bin at Wal-Mart? Not even kidding, that's where you find the first few seasons at the Wal-Mart here in town. I personally don't like Friends, but have seen the DVDs in the big $5 bin when looking through it to see what they had.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: