Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Office Space Sp. Edition

Author Topic: Office Space Sp. Edition
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2005 11:31 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just was wondering who is going to get this today...I am going to Best Buy because they have a special collectors edition that contains a mousepad, red stapler, mug, picture frame and a pen & pencil set. Their price is $22.99. Looking forward to this version since the other one didn't have any special features.

|  IP: Logged

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2005 08:58 PM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I planned on buying it, but never got the chance to go get it. I dont think I'll go with the stapler edition, but I may stay away completely if there arent any additional scenes. I want deleted footage!!!

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2005 10:53 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are 8 deleted scenes, an approx 40 min featurette about the film, and DVD-Rom features....but no commentary [Frown]

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2005 04:20 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The new DVD is anamorphic, unlike the old one. The deleted scenes look quite bad, even though they are anamorphic. It's like they used a really low resolution and scaled it up.

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 11-02-2005 05:37 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently the "flair" they added was the bare minimum. Why release a special edition if you're not going to stuff it with extras? The extras on this I wouldn't even consider very "extra" if it were the STANDARD edition of the movie.

Come on, not ONE commentary? And you'd think, and this is a no-brainer here, they'd have included the original Office Space cartoon shorts that the movie was based on!!! (I have them on VHS somewhere.) Isn't THAT the kind of thing bonus features should include?

I caved and bought the original DVD of this when it was $9.99. The transfer was also horrible ... film grain and debris. I'd get this new version and sell off my old one if I know the transfer is pristine. Or ... is there going to be a deluxe two-disc edition eventually, when the sales of THIS one justify it?

Stupid marketing!

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-02-2005 06:53 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um...okay, but....I'm going to set the building on fire.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2005 07:10 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, for pretty much 10.00, I got a pen & pencil set, notepad, mug, mousepad, and a picture frame.....and.....a.....red stapler!!!!! Wow, what a great buy....... [Roll Eyes]

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2005 09:42 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I got a red stapler!!!!!
Yeah until your uptight boss takes it away an yeah... forces you to burn the building down......yeah. By the way did you get that memo on the TPM cover sheets? Yeah... I'll have someone fax you over a copyand if you could just start putting them on your reports that would be great.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2005 10:10 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure they'll release the rest of the extras on the new ultimate super edition coming next year sometime (you know it'll happen!).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: