Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » "Gremlins 2" now on Region 2 DVD oh wonderful...

Author Topic: "Gremlins 2" now on Region 2 DVD oh wonderful...
Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2005 07:26 PM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
“Gremlins 2” 1990 now finely on region 2 DVD, this special edition is loaded with audio commentary gag reel theatrical trailer and over 20 minutes of never before seen footage.5.1 Dolby Stereo with Split-Surrounds…

This sequel is fall of gags left right and centre, from the opening starting with “Buggs Bunny” and “Daffy Duck” fighting over who should be riding the “Warner Bros” shield though it’s a short cartoon it’s funny and sets the mood for the film.

Directed by “Joe Dante” “Gremlins 2” reassembles the original characters with cast members “Zach Galligan” “Phoebe Cates” “Dick Miller”“John Glover” hehehe, what was that? “Robert Posky” “Robert Picardo” and ehehe, well looks like we have some Gremlins on this page, and “Christopher Lee,” in this loony zany caper look out for cameo appearances from Joe Dante and the late “Jerry Goldsmith” himself who done a fine score hear, though not has impacting as the first but it still works hear, as far as scoring some of “Joe Dante’s” other films, it’s not to be taken too seriously only an escapism for a 1hour and 42mins, the visual effects around this time where a little more special, with lots of artists contributing to the project.

The film framed in the 1.85:.1 W/S, ratio nicely done by John Hora A.S.C. who worked on the previous film “Gremlins” 1984, the colours are natural and sharp

The sound design is in keeping with the first, with lots of panning sounds over the three-screen channels, soft touching sounds like clothes, hay “pal I sure hope you washed those hands?” yes there seams to be some “Gremlins” tying to take over, little buggers they are, the scene where “Gizmo” gets wet and that squeaky sound as multiples of “Gremlins” are bouncing all over the room from front though to the split-surrounds, bass thumbing sound like objects falling over like a small trash can in the centre is hard hitting, to stuffing “Gizmo” in the air ducts with huge bump, heheheGezmohehehe, now, now guys come on give me a brake hear will you, oh feisty but cute little buggers, anyway I better make it quick and finish this before midnight?

So if you haven’t got this one, track it down you won’t regret, so long as you follow the basic rules, don’t but them in sun light, don’t feed them after midnight and don’t get them wet….

Gremlins 2 the new batch, is hysterical hipper and funnier than the first. Microwave!ehehehehehhehe araraaaaheheahahh oh my god they’ve destroyed my microwave oven little bastards…. [Mad]

Smashing fun 8/10 [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: