Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Exorcist: the beginning (DVD) weird images

Author Topic: Exorcist: the beginning (DVD) weird images
Jason Miller
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2005 03:34 PM      Profile for Jason Miller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if anyone has a copy of this on DVD, occasionally there will be demonic faces in 1 or 2 frames appearing in random places throughout the movie.

I have found 3:

when father Karras crashes into the mirror, a face appears in the cracking glass.

when father karras opens the lid to the chamber below the church a face appears on the underside of the lid (the shot looking up at him from the chamber)

at one point when he is down in the chamber a blue face appears behind him in a recess of the wall.

has anyone else noticed these or found more?

|  IP: Logged

Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2005 03:49 PM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this a test!

As I’m sure I’ve seen the same technique in “Fight Club” 1999 dame funny too, as far as “The Exorcist” scarred me as for this new version, hell my rent it, or other.

I’ve tracked this down last year check it out dame funny, and only 30 seconds.

http://www.angryalien.com/0204/exorcistbunnies.html

Jason Miller
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2005 04:36 PM      Profile for Jason Miller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
similar to fight club.. but the faces I kept seeing looked more like digital manipulation of the image rather than someone adding a frame of footage with Brad Pitt in weird poses behind people.

unless I am the only one seeing faces.. probably the ones that belong to the voices I keep hearing... must kill Lincoln...

Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2005 05:05 PM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
What ever you are taking, to expand the mind can I have some too please, maybe the DVD is special like a “Wonker DVD”!!!!!

Have you found any Easter eggs within the disc, other than that I think this disc is in order of an Exorcism, the power of this DVD compels you, the power of the DVD compels you…

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 07-13-2005 07:59 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 70mm print of Exorcist had multiple images of skull & crossbone in both positive and negative versions in at least one place. I blinked and just barely noticed them during a screening. I ran to the booth and placed a small piece of paper in the reel so I could find that location to verify.

Louis

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 07-14-2005 12:24 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There 3 to 4 one frame flashes of skulls and demons in the film which I was able to verify with a visual inspection of a 35mm print.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: