Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » DVD player Software

Author Topic: DVD player Software
Freddie Dobbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2005 03:46 PM      Profile for Freddie Dobbs   Email Freddie Dobbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for a PC based software program that automatically starts the movie when a DVD is inserted in the drive? Any ideas?

|  IP: Logged

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-25-2005 03:54 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean it skips any previews and the menus, and goes straight into the movie?

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 03-25-2005 05:33 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Dell version of PowerDVD will do that --at least once the disc has been inserted into the player. I ejected "The Incredibles" DVD from my notebook's DVD burner. When I reloaded the disc, PowerDVD immediately auto-resumed the movie where I stopped the disc.

I don't know if the main, after market version of PowerDVD does the same thing. Visit www.gocyberlink.com to find out. The after market version will take screen shots of movies and even play stuff in DTS. This Dell version will not.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-25-2005 05:52 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "full" version of PowerDVD can resume playback. It even remembers where to resume playback on multiple different discs. However, the first time you insert a disc that the software hasn't seen before, I think you still have to thrash your way through the previews and menus. It kinda sounds like what Freddie wants is to stick any disc in and the player software automatically skips all the extraneous stuff and goes straight to the main movie which it plays from the beginning. I doubt PowerDVD can do that.

Freddie Dobbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2005 08:29 PM      Profile for Freddie Dobbs   Email Freddie Dobbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for a player that will start up when a disk is put into the drive the first time. We have media PC's that do not have a keyboard or mouse.

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2005 08:34 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not make copies of just the movie to another DVD and have no menus just the one track?

Freddie Dobbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2005 11:45 PM      Profile for Freddie Dobbs   Email Freddie Dobbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To many places to send the disk to, Man I would have thought someone would have a player that by passes everything.. I may wind up copying them any way...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: