Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Murder By Death (1976)

Author Topic: Murder By Death (1976)
Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2005 08:57 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend was over at my house a few nights ago and this move was on TCM. We watched about 10 minutes of the middle of the movie and found it bizarre and hilarious. I told him, "I don't want to see any more of this. I want to get the DVD and watch it from beginning to end". So I found the DVD and he came over and we watched it last night.

The DVD transfer looks very good. It's 16:9 anamorphic (1.85:1 movie). I noticed a slight bit of damage to the print (specks), but for a 1976 movie, it looked terrific on my 57 inch widescreen set.

I wish I could find a copy of the script for this movie because there were a lot of great lines. I can't believe I'd never heard of this movie before. Both of us loved it! Very highly recommended if you've never seen it. Some critics didn't give it very high marks, but I found it very enjoyable and anticipate showing it to different people eventually.

|  IP: Logged

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2005 09:56 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"He didn't have any nuts."

"The man in the shop?"

"That is why I took the rasins!"

Fun stuff.

I used to run the TV version of this film on TV after having run it in a theatre in 1976. The TV version has several additional scenes that were not in the original. Most of these are in the sequences where all the detectives are arriving at 22 Twain's house.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 02-08-2005 02:00 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neil Simon and the director Robert Moore did another film two years later called "The Cheap Detective" (1978). It was a parody of "The Maltese Falcon" , "Casablanca" and the noir type films.
Not as good as "Murder By Death".

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: