Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Simpson Season 5 has THX trailer

Author Topic: Simpson Season 5 has THX trailer
Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2004 11:01 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the season 5 episode "Burns' Heir", the Simpsons go to a movie where the THX trailer plays and blows the head off people. I am very happy that they have included the official THX trailer version of this on the first disc of the set under COMMERCIALS. It is Dolby Digital 5.1 and anamorphic.

It's also the longer version of "Deep Note", which is missing from most DVD and Laserdisc trailers.

I was hoping that would be on there.

This has been a great month for my "Holy Grail" titles. Got a favorite film of mine from Fox Movie Channel called "FIRE SALE" (a 1977 Alan Arkin comedy that is one of my favorite comedies ever, and is NOT available on DVD or even VHS---and Fox only shows it every 3 years or so!), "Hardrock, Coco and Joe" came to DVD and now, Simpsons THX trailer. Those along with the deleted ending of LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS are the things I most wanted to find, and now, I have found them all. Very nice, very nice. Now, just waiting for the definitive KING KONG, hopefully coming next year?

|  IP: Logged

Jarrod Cocker
Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2005 07:57 AM      Profile for Jarrod Cocker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hooray for the simpsons....

But- i dont think i've seen this episode, which is supprising..

I buy each season as soon as they come out... but season 5 isnt quite out here in aus just yet..

I loose...

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-03-2005 01:12 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This set also includes the "couch gag" where the Fox logo appears on the screen, then Homer gets up and rips it off, throws it on the floor and the whole family stomps on it! I checked out the commentary during that and they say how the practice has spread to all the other networks and has gotten even more annoying, but apparently they weren't upset enough about it to stop doing the show.
BTW whoever bugged my photo- funny, but it should be on all the time, not fade up for only a few seconds. [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: