Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Deep Discount DVD = DVD Planet

Author Topic: Deep Discount DVD = DVD Planet
Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-13-2004 05:01 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DVD trivia
I was talking to customer service today at Deep Discount DVD about my order for "Carnivale The whole 1st season" which I found out after I ordered it, was on "Back Order" and won't be in till Dec 23rd. When we were done with our conversation, the customer service lady said "Thanks for calling DVD Planet"! I thought that rather odd so I called DVD Planet's customer service and got the same answering machine message telling me what buttons to push for my questions. When the young girl came on I asked her if the two companies were the same. She said "We are owned by the same company". They too have Carnivale on back order. It seems kind of strange that these two "apparent" competitors are essentially the same place. I always buy at Deep Discount because they are always cheaper and give free shipping. Seems like the owner is in competition with himself (or herself)

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 12-13-2004 08:17 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
December 23rd. seems like a long time to be on back order. Since the DVD was just released on the 7th of December. I saw a lot of copies on the shelves of Virgin's MegaStore in Times Square today.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 12-13-2004 09:51 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've run into that other online sellers. You start checking around, and you find out the same company is doing business under multiple identities. Nothing wrong with it I guess. DeepDiscountDVD is great by the way -- Never had any problems with them.

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2004 06:35 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess their ship came in.
I got notice today that Carnivale was shipped out

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2004 11:40 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's really no surprise that apparently "competing" companies are the same ones. Probably because one of them fouled up one too many times so the other had to be started to gain back customers who will "never shop there again!"

I know people who refuse to support MTV, but watch VH1 religiously. Or those who oppose the business practices of Phillip Morris but stock up on Kraft foods. Surprise, surprise! [Roll Eyes]

Me? I hate AOL but love the WB. [Razz]

=TMP=

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2004 12:06 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate Regal but I love Edwards [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: