Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Fear and Loathing Spec. Ed.

Author Topic: Fear and Loathing Spec. Ed.
Greg Davis
Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2004 04:47 PM      Profile for Greg Davis   Email Greg Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw at suncoast video a new double disc thing for fear and loathing. i really really really wanted it, but it was 40 bucks, and i own the regular one anyway. has anyone seen it? heard of it? is it different? im a big hunter s thompson fan, would like to see some interviews on it [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-15-2004 05:42 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'f you're a big fan of the film and a big Hunter S. Thompson fan as well then the movie might be a good purchase. Shop around though. I've seen the Criterion version at places like Best Buy for significantly less than $40 (but still above $30).

The Criterion version has more extras than the original Universal disc. Also, the Criterion version sports DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 audio tracks. The Universal disc very strangely only has DD 2.0 (in spite of the fact it was released in theaters quad format SR/SRD/DTS/SDDS).

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 09-15-2004 05:46 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Criterion Edition of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" has been on the market since Feb of 2003. It has a newer transfer and a DTS track besides a Dolby Digital track, director's commentary, interviews and a lot more stuff. It's worth the $40.00, if you like Hunter S. Thompson. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2004 12:25 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just adding my 2 cents. It's worth the money [Smile]

The 2nd disc is loaded with features.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: