Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » 9 1/2 Weeks DVD

Author Topic: 9 1/2 Weeks DVD
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2004 08:07 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I saw this movie for the first time yesterday, and was less than impressed. I found the story to be lacking alot. The sex scenes were pretty nice and Kim Basinger was hot back in the day.

Mickey Rourke did a decent job overall. I liked how he got under her skin just enough that it was eating her away. Kim Basinger did a decent job too in one of her EARLY acting experiences.

Dvd Extras: Theatrical Trailer...That's it.

I found that the conversion was bad in some places. There were white specks all over the screen presumably from the 35mm transfer.

Overall an ok sex flick

2.7562312/5

|  IP: Logged

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2004 02:55 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only version of this that's been available on video is the "unrated" version with extra naughty footage that wasn't in the theatrical release. They should have included both versions on the DVD. Sadly this movie came out just after they had killed the CED videodisc format, so it was one of the first movies to not make it to that format.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: