Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Elvis - Blue Christmas on what video?

Author Topic: Elvis - Blue Christmas on what video?
Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 06-26-2004 09:26 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
My mom is looking for Elvis singing "Blue Christmas" on video. I don't want to know why, but I think I'll skip Christmas this year.

I can't quickly locate anything specific. Anyone know of any video with this on it?

|  IP: Logged

Robert Stawiarski
Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2004 11:46 PM      Profile for Robert Stawiarski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, I don't know if you would want to spend upwards of $40 for one song, but the only DVD I could find with that Elvis song is the '68 Comeback Special Deluxe Edition DVD set. Description from buy.com:

"When in June 1968 Elvis Presley made a television special to be aired in December of the same year, he accomplished two things. He saved his career, and he made the best music of his life. Wearing a black leather suit as if he were born in it—Elvis sang his old songs, but they did not sound old. He invested them with so much emotion—emotions his original recordings of, say, "Blue Suede Shoes," "Tryin’ to Get to You," "One Night," "Blue Christmas," or "Can’t Help Falling in Love" did not contain—that each became a thing in itself. Suddenly these were less songs than events—where anything could happen, where everything did. The 3 discs that make up this Deluxe Edition are a treasure chest of that moment: the special itself, as it aired on December 3, 1968; the two complete "Sit Down" shows, the rough, improvised, altogether explosive attacks on the likes of "One Night," "Lawdy Miss Clawdy," and "Blue Christmas," with the audience so close Elvis could touch the people in it, and did; the two "Arena Shows," Elvis appearing on his own, again before audiences, with a big band and chorus off stage; and three-and-a-half hours of BONUS MATERIAL, alternate stagings of the skits and dramatized musical numbers from the show— some of them a lot hotter than anything that made it to the screen."

Amazon would probably be your best bet, since it is the cheapest with free shipping from what I found ($37.50 shipped). Here is the Google link for what I searched for:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&q=elvis+%22blue+christmas%22+DVD+-cd+-book+-sheet

Good luck!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: