Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Logan's Run: The Remake

Author Topic: Logan's Run: The Remake
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 03-05-2004 04:20 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes kiddies, that's right. Logans Run will be remade.

Thank goodness that the studio has chosen a helmer that can do the job right.

Bryan Singer, director of "usual suspects, Xmen and X2", will serve as director of the project. Joel Silver will act as executive producer.

Singer will stay true and accurate to the original novel, instead of straying as the original flick did.

Besides, wouldn't it be much more gruesome to see 21 year old punks get torn to shreds, not to mention fun!

Ciao

Dave

|  IP: Logged

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2004 04:34 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why then ? [Confused]

Is there any reason to believe, it will be a better film second time around. - The 1976 version was just b o o o r i n g -
and disappointing as it showed, the MGM had just been one step to clever, forgetting that little "-35" after the Todd-AO marks in their adds. Nice to watch and listen to, but "The real thing ?" - no way....

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2004 06:51 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well optimistically speaking....They couldn't help but make it better [Big Grin]
The original did get an oscar for spfx [Roll Eyes]

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 03-08-2004 10:29 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally did enjoy the original. however, it strayed remarkably from the book, considering one that the age was changed from 21 to 30 for your death as most decent actors couldn't pass for 21, and also the gruesome nature of the entire society could not for the most part be portrayed for fear that it would not be showable.

Of course now we have films like passion of the christ and freddie versus jason to surpass the blood and gore envelopes, and better actors that CAN pass for younger, and technical effects that can help boost the storyline... blah blah blah

I believe that singer can create a much better picture from the book than the original hack whomever it was

ciao

dave

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2004 06:38 PM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed the first one at the time as I was just a kid under 10. As an adult, I can see the movie meanders in the second half, but it still has a fun aspect overall and I am still fond of it(I wonder if the sight of jenny Agutter naked made my memories fonder at the time).

I think movies like this are good candidates for remakes as the premise was great and the execution less than stellar.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 03-28-2004 08:58 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always liked this show. Didn't it look so cool and futuristic in '76? Although now, it just looks like a movie made in the 70s.

A great Jerry Goldsmith score, too!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: