Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Green Acres hits DVD (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Green Acres hits DVD
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-12-2004 10:51 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know there are a few Green Acres fans on FT.

The complete first season of the show comes out on DVD Tuesday the 13th.

32 episodes on 2 disks. Golly, Mr. Douglas!

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-12-2004 11:59 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got to wonder if these DVD's come with a sampling of Lisa Douglas's hotscakes.....? After 32 episodes Ralf and Alph must have since gone to work building cinemas for Carmike!
Mark

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-13-2004 02:14 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised that they haven't come out with Mr. Haney's Dee-Luxe package that comes with a "TV Enlargin' Bubble." [Big Grin]

Peter Kerchinsky
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2004 04:45 AM      Profile for Peter Kerchinsky   Email Peter Kerchinsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything with Arnold the pig can't be all that bad.
Wow, what a dumb series, but you know it was so dumb that it was actually funny for it's time.
You have to wonder what some of those actors were thinking at the time?

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2004 07:43 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was alot of dumb TV in the 1960's. Green Acres was one of the best.

Petticoat Junction, The Beverly Hillbillies, and Green Acres shared episodes.

Arnold the pig was great. His mother, Doris Ziffel, was a Goldwyn Girl in her heyday!

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2004 08:31 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And how many of us can sing the theme song from this and other tv shows?

Don't forget the a-choo?

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2004 09:20 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of the three Paul Henning series I think Green Acres was my favorite show. Of course the Bevery Hillbillies was great, too. I loved Donna Douglas.

I'd like to see the black & white episodes of Petticoat Junction released to DVD. I met Lori Saunders (Bobby Jo in the color eps) back in 1971 and she was a very nice regular person.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 01-13-2004 09:23 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the first 5 shows on Friday, They looked good.
I got the Green Acres and the best of Mr. Ed discs on last Thursday.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2004 03:15 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I picked those up too (Green Acres and Mr. Ed). I used to love to watch Mr. Ed back in the laste 80s and early 90s. After then, it seemed to disappear from the air. Nickelodeon used to show them. Of course, there are so many channels now.

I love the first episode of Mr. Ed.

"Wilbur, how are you going to convince anyone that the voice on that tape is a horse?" [Smile]

Evans

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2004 08:35 AM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The humor on "Green Acres" became quite surreal at times, with a strangely different tone from the other Henning series. Like Hooterville in "Petticoat Junction" seemed quaint and folksy, but through Oliver Douglas' eyes, there wasn't even a semblance of home-spun logic.

Has anyone ever seen "Newhart" as sort of a remake, with the city guy transplanted into a small town populated by eccentrics who all march to their own, very different drummer?

I always thought that "The Fugitive" should be remade with Hank Kimball in place of Dr. Richard Kimball.

[ 01-19-2004, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Hillary Charles ]

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 01-19-2004 02:32 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Green Acres is one of the funniest shows of all time. I might have to buy this DVD boxed set... [thumbsup] [Cool]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-19-2004 07:48 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I always thought that "The Fugitive" should be remade with Hank Kimball in place of Dr. Richard Kimball."

Lets see now are they after me or not...heck, I'm not even sure what the heck I'm after. In fact I'm not sure that I'm even Hank Kimball..... lets see...I think I am.... but then again.......

Thats a good one for the Cohen Bros to consider.....that could be very surreal indeed [Cool] .
Mark

Steven Privett
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2004 08:04 PM      Profile for Steven Privett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Green Acres? What a load of [bs] . That is truly a waste of a DVD. It smelled of rotting garbage then and I can't imagine it getting any better with digital enhancements.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-19-2004 11:56 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
" It smelled of rotting garbage then "

Thats cause Mr. Haney forgot to dee-liver Mrs. Douglas's dee-luxe garbage disposal unit.

Oink Oink [Razz]

Mark

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-20-2004 06:11 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven, I detect a bad attitude on your part. Well, not exactly a bad attitude...but not good either. No, your attitude is...well, it's not exactly good, but...what were we discussing?Well, whatever it was, I'm glad we were able to straighten it out. Whatever it was.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: