Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Pinnacle Studio 8 poor quality

Author Topic: Pinnacle Studio 8 poor quality
Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2003 09:15 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

Having read through many of the comments already posted on Digital Video PC processing I was curious as to how to get the quality up. I have used Pinnacle 8 , Ulead studio 7 , Media studio pro 6 , My PC has ample power to do the job and I have a new Sony DV camera which is has excellent quality. The end result from editing and producing CD's is terrible. I have tryed buring saved video captures as VCD and SVCD on alsorts of different capture settings but the end quality is shocking !

I have tryed to save the finished product back to DV in the camera Via Firewire , but I get error messages ???

Does any one know the secret of achieving better results , or should I just buy DVD burner and go that way ?

Thanks Phil

|  IP: Logged

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2003 09:05 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Phil , I felt the same way after viewing my first VCD after capturing from my Panasonic NV-DS28 Mini DV Cam Corder , the results made me wonder if capturing this way was worth all the bother , as I had transfered to VHS Tape before this with good results ,but the VCD copies were rubbish (or Trash in USA Lingo)after upgrading to larger Hard Drive and more Memory , I was able to make a DVD copy , using the high Quality option and the results are equal to the original DV tape quality , so I was very impressed with DVD option on the Studio 8 ,Although you can only fit 60mins of full DV on the 4.7Gb disc .
I got a DVD -+RW Burner in the USA for $119USD but I'm you should be able to pick up a Name brand Burner in Aust. for around 240 to 300 Aussie $.

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2003 10:40 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul , it looks like DVD is the way to go with transfering digital video. Appreciate the reply.

Phil
(carbon arc kid!)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: