Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Mon Oncle & M. Hulot's Holiday Back on DVD for 2004

Author Topic: Mon Oncle & M. Hulot's Holiday Back on DVD for 2004
Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 11-03-2003 08:53 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At long last Criterion has succeeded in renewing it rights to Jacques Tati's classic films "Mon Oncle", "M.Hulot's Holiday" "Playtime" and "Jour de Fete". The original Criterion editions of "Mon Oncle" & "M. Hulot's Holiday" will be back in print starting January of 2004. The DVD's will be indentical to Criterion's original editions in every way. No word on the re-release date on the new "Playtime" and "Jour de Fete" DVDs.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Markiewicz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2003 01:53 PM      Profile for Chris Markiewicz   Email Chris Markiewicz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is great news! I have all the 2001 Criterion releases except for JOUR DE FETE. Any word on who has the DVD rights to TRAFFIC (1971)? The original French title is of course TRAFIC. It is or was available on VHS from Home Vision as part of "From the Tati Collection".

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2003 06:34 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Traffic was a Columbia release i Denmark, but an independant production, i'm afraid - maybe not easy to find today.
Looking foreward to them all - if they come this way around, that is.
I was trying last year to achive the distribution rights for the 70mm Play Time, but was outdone by some swedes, buying it for all Scandinavis, I was told, but none of the Tati films got here 35 or 70 mm - at all...

I don't like the french !

p.

Gilbert Travin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2004 10:13 AM      Profile for Gilbert Travin   Author's Homepage   Email Gilbert Travin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Bill ;

Useless to look for "zones 2" :

A search on a french server has given the followings results :

"Jour de fête" , "M. Hulot Holidays" and "Mon Oncle" has been withdrawn of the sale, they are non-currently available ... in France.
Parade (1974) avaible zone 2 only, french speaking, and no subtitles
Playtime avaible zone 2 only, french speaking, and no subtitles, 16/9, monophonic sound (where are the six track of 70 mm release ???)
Trafic available zone 2 only, french speaking, and no subtitles

Conclusion : these releases "zone 2" are not at all interesting for you
I think it is urgent to wait better editions with subtitles
[Big Grin]

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 01-12-2004 01:06 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The soon tobe re-released Criterion editions are zone 1 with subtitles.

On Friday I got "M. Hulot's Holiday".

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: