Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Need equip. rack suggestions

Author Topic: Need equip. rack suggestions
Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-24-2003 01:02 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the market to buy a new storage rack for my home theater gear. But I just haven't found anything I like that also doesn't cost a fortune. Anyone have any ideas?

I like stuff that is kind of contemporary looking. For example, my computer desk is an Anthro Cart, which is just basically a heavy duty tubular steel desk with two large storage shelves. I forked over $700 for this thing since it was about the only thing I could find deep enough to hold a 21" CRT monitor and 12" X 12" graphics tablet in front of it.

Naturally I don't want to pay $700 for something that only needs to hold a receiver, DVD changer, VCR and satellite dish box. One of these days I may cave in and buy an X-Box to add to the pile of equipment. Is there anything out there that looks nice, is not made of cheap-ass particle board and comes in at under the $150 to $200 price range? Something modular would be cool.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-24-2003 02:59 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Middle Atlantic makes nice professional racks as well as contemporary style furniture with rack mounts in them. Anything you have without rack mounts could be placed on a rack mount shelf.

Middle Atlantic

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 09-24-2003 05:44 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
CMP Enclosures makes the nice heavy-duty racks that Imax is installing as well as some contemporary stuff. I'm certain that the Middle Atlantic stuff will be less expensive, though.

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2003 11:56 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are using the Mid Atlantic racks at DHS to install new servers and MDF/IDF equipment in. They are sweet for the price

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: