Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » "24" Season 2 (DVD)

Author Topic: "24" Season 2 (DVD)
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 09-11-2003 04:53 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought the second season DVD of "24" from Costco for $39.95 that included a $5.00 instant rebate and was very excited after I had purchased it. I viewed the 1st season also on DVD last year and when I watched the first episode from the first season, I was hooked after the first twenty minutes. With the second season, I fell asleep after the first twenty minutes into episode one. I heard the first episode opens slow and gets better as the show progresses. I was also told that the 2nd season is more intense and much better than the first season. Do you agree?

I got a very good night sleep last night and will watch the first episode again tonight. I hope the show will deliver and keep me very busy for several hours every night during the next couple of evenings.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2003 01:02 AM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was also told that the 2nd season is more intense and much better than the first season. Do you agree?
I have to disagree. I think the show started out ok (in season 2) but the plot got more and more convoluted and incredulous.

Why, oh, why, did Kim return (and shockingly, she's back for the third season). This dimwit was so incompetent she even survived cliffhanger after cliffhanger. How stupid!

I will admit it is watchable, but a superior series to buy in this genre is ALIAS.

John Scott
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2003 02:12 AM      Profile for John Scott   Email John Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm personally hoping that the sole reason they brought Kim back for season 3 is that so she can really get eaten by a cougar this time.

And I agree, Alias is a far superior show. And the first season DVD set is excellent, with a widescreen transfer.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 09-12-2003 03:09 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After rewatching the first episode of the second season of "24" last night, I cannot believe how tired I must have been when I fell asleep after watching the first 20 minutes of the show the night before. After watching it again, the show has lived up to expectations and I am once again hooked. I have watched the first four episodes all on the first disc of a set of six. Beside the six discs, there is an extra one with a lot of extra stuff and I will watch them after I had seen all of the season two episodes.

Because I seldom watch regular TV programs except the news at ten and CNN news programs, I have not seen "ALIAS" What is it all about and is out on DVD yet?

-Claude

Michael Coate
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2003 03:31 PM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
is [Alias]out on DVD yet?
The Complete First Season DVD set was released on September 2.

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2003 02:47 AM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm personally hoping that the sole reason they brought Kim back for season 3 is that so she can really get eaten by a cougar this time.
Sorry, John. "24" show producer Howard Gordon was quoted in ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY as saying that Kim "will not be chased by any cougars." (Well, we always could have hoped!) However, he declined to confirm or deny that Kim is engaged, pregnant, and working at CTU.

My favorite assessment of the character Kim comes from newly-retired LA Times TV critic Howard Rosenberg, who summed up the dimwit's adventures last season as almost resembling "The Perils of Pauline." Except that Kim would have tied HERSELF to the tracks.
[Big Grin]

Martin Brooks
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2003 07:30 PM      Profile for Martin Brooks   Author's Homepage   Email Martin Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about they give Kim to the terrorists to do with what they please?

Face it guys: Kim is there to attract young boys to the show, who would be attracted to "less intelligent" women. You might respond that Jennifer Gardner would also attract young boys, but she's a bit too intelligent and a bit too nice for most of them to relate to. The Kim character is a bit more "real".

But I'll admit that they probably didn't know what to do with Kim for the second season, since she wasn't central to the plot, so they gave her all those ridiculous confrontations.

I like both shows, although there's lots of plot elements in both that don't make a whole lot of sense, even within the world created by the show.

I think 24 is very effective at creating an incredible amount of tension. Alias was brilliant at turning the plot around mid-season and seemingly doing it again in the last episode of last season. But both shows are in danger of "jumping the shark," if they haven't already.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 09-26-2003 08:38 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FWIW... when I met Elisha Cuthbert years ago she didn't seem so dumb. I believe she was still hosting Popular Mechanics for Kids at the time.

Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-23-2003 12:55 AM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished watching Season 2 & I thought is great, could have done with a little less Kim, but being a 19 year old male, she at least provided some eye candy!

Cant wait to the 28th for Season 3 to start. [Smile]

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-23-2003 02:24 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daryl you got to meet Alisha? Lucky guy [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: