Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Stargate SG-1

Author Topic: Stargate SG-1
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2003 12:34 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone on here into this show? I have no idea why, but I am completly hooked. I am starting on the 3rd season this week and they are into their 5th season on Showtime (so I have some catching up to do). Of course I get the DVDs from Netflix.

This series has done so well - maybe they will make a full length feature film based on the series (not the original film). Maybe this will turn out a little like the Star Trek franchise?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Pennell
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2003 04:15 AM      Profile for Mike Pennell   Email Mike Pennell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The show rocks!!! [beer] I too got hooked into it. The Sci-fi channell plays them in order every Monday in a block of (i think 4) shows. So if you need to catch up get the scifi channell. They show the new ones on Fridays. I try to catch them every week, much to my wifes dismay. The website also has episode summaries. As im typing this im realizing what a geek i am. oh well. cheers [beer]

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2003 10:45 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spoke to someone on a different 'Net forum who says that the series will go into 8 seasons total. Between the 7th and 8th - there WILL be a feature film out in theatres (thank god!). A new series will spin off called "Atlantis". Once SG-1 goes into it's eighth (and final) season, it will then become the longest running SCI-FI series ever - ahead of X-Files and Star Trek.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-25-2003 12:38 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "rumor" of a feature lenght film of SG-1 is just that, a rumor. They would very much like to get one however no deal has been signed.

Right now they are half way through season 7 on the scifi channel, and signed a deal for season 8 just a couple of months ago. It is not known if season 8 is it or not. MGM owns the rights to the show and has not made any committment to a feature film at this time.

Stargate: Atlantis is a go. Season 8 of SG-1 will serve as the springboard setup for Atlantis. SG-1 May continue or it may not, or it may go to feature films instead. No decision will be made until either later this year or early next year.

Another hurdle is Dean Devlin, producer of the first Stargate film. He holds two developed scripts in hand for a second and third stargate film, and the options to produce them. If MGM wants to make an SG-1 film, they will have to get by that. Right now they are willing to continue to have the profitable TV show, and movies are an afterthought.

A major problem ensued when the successful movie was turned into a TV show, and Devlin and director Roland Emmerich refused to be involved with the movies any further and created major turmoil, that led to the eventual cancellation from Showtime.

It wasn't until Devlin and Emmerich toured the set of the show and met with the series stars and producers that they finally agreed to let bygons be bygons. Emmerich still refuses to be involved, but has let his vitriol settle greatly.

It is great that Scifi picked it up. In my opinion, the shows production and writing values were lifted way up, and it became much more entertaining, and even more dark and dramatic.

Of course Richard Anderson is the comic relief, what a riot!

So hopefully there will be a movie again, that is the plan, but no actual plans have been signed. They have been trying to get a deal done for years and so far nothing. So here is hoping.

Hey, it beats trek anyday.

Dave

Ashley Nugent
Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2003 01:03 AM      Profile for Ashley Nugent   Email Ashley Nugent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know anything about Stargate: Atlantis as to who will be in it and how it offshoots Stargate SG-1.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-26-2003 12:11 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the current run of Stargate SG-1 mention has been made to the lost city of the ancients, the race that created the stargate thousands of years ago. In season 8, they will find clues upon clues and find their way to the lost city and find that it is really the lost city of atlantis, and also will give clues to our own origins.

Atlantis will have an entirely new cast of characters, and will of course be based in the city of atlantis underwater. The stargate is rumored to be able to have the power necessary to reach galaxies and star systems much farther than the current system. It is highly probable that the ancients buried the city on purpose for whatever reason to be determined later.

Casting will not begin until early next year, and a cast should not be inked solid until mid to late next year. It is unknown if they will try for a more well known cast, or cast virtual unknowns (RDA excepted) as they did here. The strenght of the show itself will probably lend to the latter.

Dave

Chris Trainor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2003 09:30 PM      Profile for Chris Trainor   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Trainor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The SG1 movie was talked about quite a bit untill SciFi signed a deal giving them an 8th season for the TV show. So essentially as long as the TV show is going on there won't be a movie.

www.gateworld.net is a great site for Stargate fans. Has lots of news/etc on it. There is also a forum on Delphi (which you can find through that website) where a bunch of people hang out.

I personally love the show... only reason why I had a Showtime subscription from the first through 5th seasons. Now I've got SciFi instead. Kinda stinks tho, I much prefered Showtime cuz they showed it on their HDTV channel (upconverted but still nice).

--Chris

Jacob Huber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2003 12:30 PM      Profile for Jacob Huber   Email Jacob Huber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love this show, actually, the best forum for SG-1 is www.sg1archive.com

I certainly do hope they do a feature film w/ RDA and the rest of the SG-1 cast.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: