Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Family Guy Feature Film and New Episodes... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Family Guy Feature Film and New Episodes...
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-05-2003 01:34 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is true. Fox Studios is developing a full length feature film of Family Guy. Also, new episodes are soon to be in development, thanks to the massive upsurge of popularity on the Cartoon Network. The new episodes will be released straight to DVD in about a year and a half, then they will find thier way to the Cartoon Network for broadcast.

Now that is fantastic news.

Dave

|  IP: Logged

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2003 02:28 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats cool. I just wonder how many of the original producers, writers and such they got to come back. I would think that after a series is cancelled, everyone pretty much goes their seperate ways. It probably wouldn't be the same if they couldn't get everyone back.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2003 04:45 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is great news! I love Family Guy. Been watching it from it's beginning. Soon I'll have bought the latest volume on DVD.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-05-2003 07:21 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contracts are bieng offerred to all of the production and writing staff as well as cast members. It is not known how many will be returning, however there has been no indication that there would be anyone not able to return to the project.

So far it looks very good to have the original mix both behind the mic's and the cells.

Dave

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2003 01:11 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THats the greatest news ive heard in a while. FAMILY GUY is the best show ever! LOL. I am a huge fan.

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2003 11:56 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the feature film going to be a theatrical release? (Rated R I hope...) Seems like it would make more sense to air the episodes FIRST, then sell the DVDs.

=TMP=

David Rigby
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2003 10:46 AM      Profile for David Rigby   Email David Rigby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know if there's even a faint hope of a similar reprieve for Futurama? I hope so. Still, recovering one of the two most criminally cancelled shows of recent years is progress [Smile]

David

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-12-2003 03:47 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Family Guy Feature will be a theatrical release, but will more than likely receive a pg-13 instead of an R.

As for Futurama, There is interesting trouble in them darn hills. Matt Groening is currently writing the screenplay for the Simpsons theatrical feature. Fox has asked both Matt G. and David X. Cohen of Futurama to give them script treatments for both a Futurama feature and for a new season as well. The trouble is that NONE of the production team is available to work on a new Futurama project. With the amount of time it takes to make a Futurama episode (it is a combination of computer and hand drawn animation), they have asked for either a firm committment for a feature or a three season deal for a new season. In either case, nothing new could be seen for up to three years from the day the deal is inked.

Fox has realized thier stupidity now that the DVD's are flying off the shelf and that Cartoon Network is seeing record high ratings with that and Family guy. OOPS!

So family guy, which is easier and cheaper to produce will see a feature by mid 2005 or earlier, and new episodes even sooner. Futurama, which WILL see a return, could be years in the future, and will be a welcomed and well deserved return.

Dave

Daniel Fuentz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2003 11:07 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Family Guy got the shaft from Fox. I am just glad the ratings on CN and the DVD sales have proven that there IS a market for the show, and it was FOX's poor treatment that resulted in the low ratings it got. (Same thing for Futurama, that wasn't on half the time becuase of football) It's to the point where I don't bother to watch any new shows on FOX, because they'll just get cancelled in a few weeks anyway...

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 03-01-2004 12:41 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's official.

quote:
The Family Guy To Return
Production begins for a 2005 return to TV.

February 27, 2004 - Rejoice, Griffin fans, production is about to restart on The Family Guy. Seth MacFarlane, the brains behind the show, tells IGN he's been given the go-ahead and the only question mark left is whether the new material will air initially on Fox or on Cartoon Network.

"Cartoon Network will be involved regardless," he says. "Whether it goes there permanently or winds up on Fox first and then Cartoon Network remains to be seen. So at the very least it will be on Cartoon Network, which is great because at the end of the day that's where we built our biggest fan base. So I'm happy either way."

He's doing what he can to restore as much of the old writing team as possible. However, there are a lot of good writers looking for work in Hollywood thanks to the reality show craze.

In fact, the series lost a few people before season three began, but MacFarlane expects to get back more of the original writers now than he did when season three was in production. The voice over actors won't be too much of a problem since it's animated and the voice recordings can be done around the actor's schedule.

If production begins in April, as he hopes, MacFarlane will present the new material to Fox around December, and it will decide if it picks up the show for 2005 or if it goes directly to Cartoon Network. That may seem like a long time, but MacFarlane says it would take even longer to get something done if he didn't have five leftover scripts from the show. Three are in good shape but two will need some rewrites, he says.

His other pitch, American Dad, is still in production. He created the show with Mike Barker and Matt Weitzman, who were supervising producers on The Family Guy. He describes the show as "Family Guy meets All in the Family, designed to poke fun at the particularly intense political state we're in right now."

The dad, Stan, is an extreme right-wing Republican while one of his daughters is an extreme left-wing Democrat. Stan works for CIA and has an alien (as in from outer space, not an illegal) living with the family. Fox is expected to decide on whether to pick up the series this spring.

The resurrection of The Family Guy comes after a groundswell of fan support, the strong ratings on Cartoon Network and stellar sales of the DVD sets. The Family Guy Volume 1 and Volume 2 have combined sales of close to two million units, according to MacFarlane.

"I think that's what made them sit up and take notice and say maybe there's more money to be made off this property and this thing is not dead yet," he says. "Because of DVD and cable, the show has been able to build an audience that, in the past, a show could only build on a network. So it's an indication that the landscape is changing a lot."

Needless to say, he's happy to do double duty with The Family Guy and American Dad "It's gonna be a challenge but this is what I do and what I love doing, so it's a monumental challenge that I'm happy to undertake. I'm thrilled. I think it's great," says MacFarlane.
-- Andy Patrizio

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/495/495464p1.html?fromint=1

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2004 12:37 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont watcht the Family Guy, but Futurama is awesome. I think I lik eit more than the simpsons now. "not only will I help you find it, I'll help you do more to it" Zoidberg is the best.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 08-01-2005 01:56 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 517 days since the last post.

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2005 01:56 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dave Williams
The Family Guy Feature will be a theatrical release, but will more than likely receive a pg-13 instead of an R.
Unfortunately this isn't true.
I hoped it would come to the theaters but it's going straight to TV/DVD in 1.33:1 [Frown]

I've seen it and it's definitely not PG-13 material. Way too much language.
Incidentally it was supposed to hit the air in Septembre as a 3 part made-for-tv movie.
Someone leaked it onto the internet however. And by leaked I mean a DVD rip that looks better than Season 3 did. (More anti-aliasing or something).
Classic FG humor. It's going to be huge.

Let's hear it for the guy who probably lost his job over this!

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2005 05:52 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, it's been mentioned on alt.tv.family-guy that the movie was leaked.

Dan Suomi
Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2005 08:49 AM      Profile for Dan Suomi   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Suomi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"HEh ehe Gigidity gigidity gigidity... all right!!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: