Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Panasonic PT102Y CRT Projector Question (Image Inverting)

Author Topic: Panasonic PT102Y CRT Projector Question (Image Inverting)
Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2003 09:26 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our Local Church has been given a Panasonic CRT projector and this was originally set up for Ceiling mount , but they require it to be Table Top , Question is ...(as there is no manual) how do you set up the unit for this ??? I have looked inside and can only see a couple of possible connections that can be changed , but I don't want to blow the thing up ....has anyone worked on this type of projector and knows how to invert or flip the image . http://202.135.231.4/photoserver/49/1064149_full.jpg

|  IP: Logged

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2003 11:50 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know. But I have this suspicion that all you have to do is turn around the connections to the CRT. (Plug them in backwards.) Then of course you have to re-converge the whole damn thing. [Smile]

Note: I have never worked on a Panasonic CRT projector. I have only worked on one Sony projector. This is just an opinion or a guess.

Somebody tell me if I’m right or wrong.

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2003 03:17 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That,swhat I thought as well ,but the plugs only go one way , other projectors have plugs & swithces that you just connect in the opposite locations and there is normally a Floor Ceiling mount selector as well ,but this thing has only got six plugs that can be switched ,then others can be done on the service Remote ,but it does not look like it ever had a Remote as I can see no IR reciever [Confused]

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2003 10:58 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I may have found the answer , as there is a connector for the Horizontal (Red & Blue) and Vertical (Yellow & Brown ) all I need to do is reverse the Vertical connectors and it should be OK [thumbsup]

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2003 10:17 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was able to invert the Image vertically by swapping the Brown and Yelloew , but was not able to correct the Floor Ceiling bias ,will keep hunting fir the switch or plug to change this ,as there is not enough adjustment to compensate for this (it looks like a pyramid at the moment) [Eek!]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: