Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Family Guy Seasons 1 and 2

Author Topic: Family Guy Seasons 1 and 2
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2003 10:51 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I have been threating to do this review for a while now and here it goes...

Family Guy is easily one of my all time favroite cartoons. And unlike the majority of people, who hated the show at first and then learned to love it, I loved this show from the first episode that I watched. The brilliance of the show is that they are willing to takle ANY subject with a joke (Hitler working out with a buff Jew, anyone?).

Any way the DVD collection covers the brief 7 episode first season and the full 21 episode second season. You are pretty much going to find something to laugh at in every episode and probably something (usually the same something) to offend you in every episode. Though it is kind of hard to take offence at something when you are laughing your ass off. Anyone who is a fan of the Simpsons or Futurama should definatly check this show out.

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2003 11:50 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I signed up for my set months ago and was the first one in line at Suncoast. I've watched some of the episodes several times and still laugh my ass off!

Daniel Fuentz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2003 02:41 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got my set at Costco. The quality was excellent, just as good as the versions I taped from satellite. It was still nice to be able to get rid of all my VHS tapes of those episodes, though! (Except the original airing of "Road To Rhode Island", that's a keeper) I can't wait until the second set comes out -- one of my favorite episodes was "Brian Does Hollywood" [Big Grin]

("Why do women have boobs? So ya got somethin' to look at when you're talkin' to 'em!" <Insert Peter's laugh here>)

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2003 08:38 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still keeping my VHS tapes I recorded off-air because some of the DVD's were censored like the Osama Bin Laden gag in Road To Rhode Island.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: