Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » UK release of 'Big Trouble'

Author Topic: UK release of 'Big Trouble'
Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2003 07:52 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not quite sure while they decided us brits would hate this movie and don't deserve to see it.

It came out in the states late 2001 I believe. Never to appear on UK cinema screens, I found out that it was due for video rental release this coming Monday.

Anyway I was just checking blockbuster.co.uk once again and suddenly over the last day or so the release date has changed to 21/7/2003. That 2 months!!

I was planning to rent this on Thuesday after I had handed in my final two pieces of course work ever.

I'm not impressed.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 05-23-2003 01:48 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Disney opened this picture in the states on April 5th, 2002. It was to have opened Fall of 2001, but was shelfed because of 9/11.
It opened on 1961 screens. The second week drop-off was -53%.
On the 3rd week it lost 1427 screens for another -77% drop-off.
The production budget was $40 million and marketing was another
$15 million. Total gross is $7,267,307 [Eek!]

I found the movie funny also. I was one of those people that went to see it at a theatre in April. [Smile]

[ 05-23-2003, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Bill Gabel ]

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 05-23-2003 04:04 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I loved that movie.

The original release date was sept. 21, 2001.
It would have done much better buissness in its original spot, had 9/11 not occured.
Delayed because it deals with a nucular weapon smuggled into the country, and makes a lot of fun of airport security.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: