Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Access set up of LCD projector and TV.

Author Topic: Access set up of LCD projector and TV.
Duncan Smith
Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2003 11:55 AM      Profile for Duncan Smith   Email Duncan Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, I have a Sony TV which I can get into with the standard Sony remote sequence of buttons to adjust geometry etc but it won't allow me to adjust the blanking for some reason, any ideas? It's a KV32FX65E.

Also I have just bought a cheap Panasonic LCD projector and would like to be able to get into the set up menu's on that too so that I can adjust the image width and height etc. It's consumer style menu's allow me to position the image but not allow for under/overscan. Any help would be gratefully received. It is a PTAE100E.

All the best, Duncan. [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 05-05-2003 11:59 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This won't help you much, but on my 2 Sony TVs, I seem to recall that the blanking function had an odd name in the service menus. Maybe you're looking for the wrong thing. Unfortunately though I can't remember what it IS called... Anyway I was able to make adjustments to eliminate most of the overscan etc. if that's what you're trying to do.

Duncan Smith
Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2003 12:22 PM      Profile for Duncan Smith   Email Duncan Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David, you're right that is what I'm trying to adjust. If you remember what it was called drop me line. In the meantime I don't want to got through it all randomly trying different parameters in case I do some damage. Warranties don't cover this sort of thing eh? [Roll Eyes]

Thanks for the fast reply.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: