Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Netflix (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Netflix
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-09-2003 06:14 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone on the board belong to Netflix? I joined them in January and I love the service. I have been able to view almost every Akira Kurosawa movie ever made (something you cannot get in your local store) and I have become a huge fan of movies out of Hong Kong - something else you cannot pick up at the local video store. I pay about $20 a month and I am averaging 12 movies a month - definately a bargain.

www.netflix.com

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 04-09-2003 06:50 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I signed up last October. It's a great deal.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 04-09-2003 10:36 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine is a member and likes it a lot. She's been able to get even the silent films she loves via it.

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-09-2003 11:34 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been mostly happy with NETFLIX. I first strarted with one of those freebie start-up offers when I bought my DVD player 3 years ago. One problem lately is that they are getting just a bit more conservative with some titles than they used to be. But still, as a former Home Film Festival mekmber, I find the service and pricing to be great.

Patrick McDonough
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2003 09:03 AM      Profile for Patrick McDonough   Email Patrick McDonough   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine swears up and down about the service he loves it.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2003 10:35 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My neighbor gets Netflix.

Only thing I've noticed is that some of the discs are scratched up pretty bad. My crummy DVD player (an RCA) hates them.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 04-10-2003 05:37 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been a Netflix member since 2000. My usage varies greatly, depending on how bogged down I am with Cinematour, but I recently upgraded to the 5-disc plan so that I could have a wider variety of material at once.

I especially like that I can rate the movies I've seen and the system will suggest titles that it thinks I might like that I would probably otherwise overlook. I've rated over 800 titles so far and it does a pretty good job. My queue currently has more than 150 titles in it.

I happen to live maybe 10 miles from the West Sacramento distribution center and get especially quick turnaround sending and receiving discs. [thumbsup]

Occasionally, I receive a disc that is badly scratched or cracked or broken in half (!), or a disc goes missing in the mail, but I just click on "shipping problems" and a new copy is sent out right away with no questions asked (other than those on the problem report).

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2003 06:58 PM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love netflix. I've been a member for almost three years now. The selection is fantastic, and I have found myself purchasing far fewer DVDs. (That's a good thing.) I'm also lucky enough to live in a city that has a Netflix depot, so turnaround is unbelieveably quick. I would highly recommend it to anyone that usually has time to watch at least 4-5 DVDs per month. The more you watch, the better the value. [Smile]

John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2003 01:31 AM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just joined about 3 weeks ago. already I've rented (and returned)...

UHF
Comedian
The Rutles
and
The 39 Steps

and I still have out...
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
The Twelve Chairs
and
Jabberwocky

and over 40 others are currently in my rental queue.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2003 07:05 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Replaced my crummy DVD player 2 weeks ago. Now, even the scratched disks play nicely.

All of my problems were due to my having purchased a defective player in December. The new one, the same model and manufacturer, is working nicely. DVD has gone UP several points on my bull [bs] scale.

I like the Netflix system.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-24-2003 04:18 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you guys actually HAVE time to watch movies....?How do you fit it in? I'm luckt to get in 10 min oc CNN at midnight...and by then its all yesterdays news anyway.
Mark

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2003 11:07 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My netflix DVD's sit around for weeks sometimes because I have very little time to watch them. Sometimes I stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning to watch them.That is why I joined - no late fees.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 07-26-2004 01:24 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 381 days since the last post.

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-26-2004 01:24 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I HATE NETFLIX. These people are evil! I started up with them a year ago and everything was great, the return time was fast and i was able to get 6 movies a week!

In the past few months they are soooo slow! I cannot get more than 3 a week due to their slow turn around time. If i send a movie back monday, i'm lucky to get my new one by friday! The shipping depot on the return label is about 5 miles from my house!!

They're trying to screw me over! [fu]

danny

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-26-2004 10:11 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dropped them months ago.

Not because I had any trouble, but because I discovered DIGITAL CABLE with ON DEMAND.

Cool SH*T.
[thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: