Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Futurama Season 1 DVD (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Futurama Season 1 DVD
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2003 12:03 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although the Simpsons will always be the best, I have always really enjoyed the Futurama series. I have just started watching this DVD edition and I didn't relise just how many episodes from the first season that I missed. I haven't played any of the commentary tracks yet but they have to be as good as the Simpson's DVD tracks. Every episode so far that I watched has been halarious. Now I have to wait for the Family Guy to come out next month and the Simpsons III in June.

|  IP: Logged

David Rigby
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2003 01:57 PM      Profile for David Rigby   Email David Rigby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure I'll be accused of blasphemy, but personaly I think Futurama is BETTER than The Simpsons - then again I've always quietly been a bit of a misanthropic technogeek so maybe it just plays to my particular senibilities. I can't believe those Fox bastards canned it in its prime!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

David

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2003 09:35 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up until now, I've probably seen at most 2 or three Futurama shows (and didn't even know it was Futurama that I was watching at the time). I bought the DVD box set after hearing people praise it. I watched the first episode on the first disc yesterday and it was great. I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

A "suicide booth"? Hilarious! "You are now dead. Thank you for using..." [Big Grin]

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2003 01:11 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the club Evans. Thought I have to take my set back to the store. My disk 2 is defective in will not play very well in my player. I hope that this isn't a common problem. The commentaries are really good also. Not as much extras as I would like also though I am interested to see what kind of Easter Eggs are in there.

Jacob Huber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2003 11:08 PM      Profile for Jacob Huber   Email Jacob Huber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only easter egg that seems to be on the disc is on the root menu of each disc. Highlight the last episode on the disc and either press right or left depending on the disc, highlighting an object, a car, billboard, and police car respectively, then press enter. This will take you to the "futuristic movie poster" for the disc. Really lame if you ask me.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 03-31-2003 11:23 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never seen any weekly animated shows on television and the way people have been raving about the Simpsons all these years, I bought the first season DVD set and watched the first three episodes and discovered I was too much of an "Old Fart" to grasp the humor of the show that made it endearing to fans all these years. Because I never enjoyed "THE SIMPSONS", I was not too interested in the Futurama series. Ah! what I will gve to be young again. [Smile]

-Claude

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 04-02-2003 05:10 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Futurama, great geek show! [Smile] I loved it when it was on air but missed so many episodes...I'll have to check this out!

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-06-2003 10:53 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The commentary is pretty great. The first episode gets the best commentary, I suppose they did them in order. As they have less and less new to say in later episodes they tend to become a laugh track. You always get to know which shots are rendered in 3D though, announcing them seems to be the only job the computer animation guy has.
Excellent discs!

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2003 03:31 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never watched the show because of the onscreen Fox logo. I was disappointed that Matt Groening did another show for those people, since he had objected to the logo being on "The Simpsons" when the practice started (I wrote the network complaining about the logo and got a thank-you note from the production department of The Simpsons. Didn't work apparently as it's still there 10 years later!)

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2003 05:08 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you see the recent episode of the Simpsons where they did that mock Joe Millionare animated logo at the bottom and Homer ate it? I loved that gag.

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2003 05:18 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't watched The Simpsons for a long time either because of the logo (basically if a logo stays on my screen for more than 15 seconds, it gets turned off!) but I did see the one where the Fox logo shows up in the opening and Homer grabs it and the whole family stomps on it! They should've done that on every show until the network gets rid of it.

Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2003 01:10 PM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rachel:

You know that "Futurama" plays Sunday thru Thrusday nights on the Cartoon Network at 11:00PM, right? You're probably cashing out the BO at that time, but it's a natural for your VCR/TIVO/DVD recorder. . .

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 04-09-2003 02:00 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't have cable! [Smile]

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2003 01:17 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And neither should anyone else! [Smile]

Daniel Fuentz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2003 11:58 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it figures that Futurama got axed, becuase I liked it. I also LOVED Family Guy. Well, actually I despised that show when it first came on, but since I worked at the local Fox affillaite at the time I was forced to watch it. (Control room monitors don't have channel changing functions!) After a few episodes I was hooked. [Smile] (Fortunately repeated viewings didn't get me hooked on Roseanne or Friends... [Smile] )

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: