Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » TWIN PEAKS

Author Topic: TWIN PEAKS
James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2002 07:49 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought the first season and ordered the pilot, but I was wondering if anyone knows just how many episodes there were.
Everything I've seen says there were two seasons with 29 episodes, which seems right.

Two of my roommates, however, seem to think there were a lot more and one says there may have been 100, which I dont see as likely.

Anyone know for sure?

|  IP: Logged

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2002 09:26 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty sure that there more than 29 episodes. I still have my TwinPeaks cookbook and pair of coffee cups (which I use every morning). Remember Lynch's other short lived series "On The Air"? I actually have the laserdiscs for that show.

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2002 10:05 PM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was pretty sure that there were 29 episodes of twin peaks, but i checked some sources online to be sure: Here is the specific information from www.twinpeaks.org:

There are:

- the 2-hour pilot movie
- seven 1-hour episodes in the first season
- 22 episodes in the 2nd season--the first one being 2 hours
long, all others being one hour long (in the US, the last
two episodes were broadcast together as a 2-hour special
"movie" on ABC)--for a total of 23 hours
- 32 hours total

So, basically it was 29 episodes (or perhaps 30, depending on how you think of it.)

James, what do you think of the DVDs?

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2002 01:41 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought it today and havent actually started watching the episodes or special features yet, but i was dissapointed that there are no subtitles and it seems they mads a mistake as far as the features for each episode is concerned.

When you select the episode features menu, it shows the options briefly then goes directly to playing the show.
In order to actually select one of them, you have you select setup then hit the up arrow.
Then you can choose from the features.
I guess Ill have to keep a lookout for a recall or find out if anyone else is having this problem or if i just got a bad set that I need to exchange.

Mathew Molloy
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2002 02:42 AM      Profile for Mathew Molloy   Email Mathew Molloy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I taped all the episodes and here's what I got...
Season One - 8 Episodes
Season Two - 23 Episodes (Including the Season Finale)

On a side note, I must say that the first episode of On The Air was about the funniest damn thing I'd seen on t.v. in a long time!

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 06-01-2004 07:44 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 876 days since the last post.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 06-01-2004 07:44 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must say I'm really enjoying the Season One DVD's. I've had these for over a year now and decided to give them a whirl after enjoying "Mulholland Drive" as much as I did.

No -- I don't have the pilot...and so far it has not prevented me from enjoying the first two episodes. I'm debating whether to carry a disc with me to watch while I wait for my connecting flight to New York.

...and why isn't the second season out on DVD yet? Is there no demand for those episodes?

Julie Havlin
Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2004 12:07 AM      Profile for Julie Havlin   Email Julie Havlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a huge David Lynch fan, and now I'm into Twin Peaks since the DVD release of season 1.

There are no plans to release season 2, despite all the die-hard fans petitioning. Runour has it that the production of season 2 was dependent on how well season 1 sold, and my guess is not well enough.

The cost of making season 2 would be incredible....23 hours!?

Additionally, I'm guessing the sticker value of such a season would be too high for an average fan to pay for. It would make sense to break it into 2 halves.

PS - the pilot is worth getting on ebay. I really enjoyed it, but you either sacrifice video or sound quality. Lynch doesn't have the rights to it, which is why it wasn't included in season 1.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: